Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

February Specials?

Has anyone found out what the February specials are yet? I'm hoping we'll finally see a post-1955 special.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 5:11PM

At this point I would be happy if they drop the bulk rate for 100+ to 6.75. That likely won't ever happen and I am reluctant to believe February will have a 1956+ special, but we shall see. I am going to send regardless, but I held back a large order a few days to see myself. The only thing I have to do is the order online again if a special comes into play, unless someone else has a trick to reclassify it as a different special than the pricing that was chosen before if the final step wasn't completed?

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

A bulk rate special would be awesome. PSA is so busy at this point I am not sure if a real special is in the works. Hope for the best of course.

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

At this point, I think I'll just let my kids inherit a big pile of ungraded post '56 cards. I've been waiting forever for a good special on these!

• Options
    edited February 1, 2018 2:26AM

We continue to wait.... I am sending this week so it won't matter for me this round. $7 bulk is the rate I suppose.

PSA Grading Specials For February 2018

PSA Collectors Club Specials

Collectors Club Special #1:
    $6.50 per Card – 25 Card Minimum Quantity Required

For cards Pre-'56, valued under $100 each
    Sport and non-sport cards
    Regular size, thick/patch, Coins/Pins and Tallboy cards are accepted
    Excluding T3's, Supersized, and Autographed Cards
    For Collectors Club members only
    Turnaround time approximately 50 business days/varies with demand
    Click here for Full Details!

Collectors Club Special #2:
    $18.00 per Card – No Minimum Quantity Required

All years
    All Sports and non-sports cards
    No minimum is required.
    For cards with a declared value of $300 or less.
    Regular size, Tallboy, Supersized and Coins/Pins cards are accepted
    Excluding T3's, and Dual Service Cards
    Turnaround time is approximately 10 business days, but can vary with demand!

PSA/DNA 2018

Football & Basketball Special

Valid for Football or Basketball players
    50% off single signed items 
    Must have an authentication fee of $49 or less and valued under $250 each
    No Membership Required
    LOA and grading fee upgrades are not included
    Includes encap and non-encap items (separate forms required)
    Turnaround time can vary with demand
    Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 2/1/18-2/28/18

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder where all the submissions are coming from? With more and more post 1960 commons struggling to sell for much more than the cost of grading, you’d think the supply would be drying up. Have they taken over the modern market from BGS?

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know whether CC Special #1 would include reviews? I have a butt load (that's an actual amount) of WTF cards that I could see sending in under the special. I'm too lazy to crack them out--actually, I'm too likely to lose an eye since I do crackouts with a hammer and the plastic shards fly all over the place. Ow.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobsbbcards said:
    Does anyone here know whether CC Special #1 would include reviews? I have a butt load (that's an actual amount) of WTF cards that I could see sending in under the special. I'm too lazy to crack them out--actually, I'm too likely to lose an eye since I do crackouts with a hammer and the plastic shards fly all over the place. Ow.

I've learned to put the slabs in a team bag when cracking out with a hammer,way less projectiles flying all over the place.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

I've learned to put the slabs in a team bag when cracking out with a hammer,way less projectiles flying all over the place.

Don't encourage him.

Arthur

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    I wonder where all the submissions are coming from? With more and more post 1960 commons struggling to sell for much more than the cost of grading, you’d think the supply would be drying up. Have they taken over the modern market from BGS?

I'm guessing there isn't enormous interest in the #1 special. It looks good in their eyes to have it, perhaps to entice new members?
    Not sure if they are getting modern sports cards market from BGS, more likely the non-sport market has exploded, and they have been the beneficiary of it..

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I read this from PSA earlier - Pokémon is no joke. A completely PSA-graded 1999, 1st Edition set sold for $98,400 recently. PSA has graded approximately 200,000 Pokémon cards in 2017, which is nearly 3x the total number of Star Wars cards graded in company history.

Indeed, non-sport market has been good for PSA !

• Options

@gemint said:

I wonder as well. Maybe as others note above it is the non-sports market particular Pokemon. All I know is that I have a ton of post '56 cards I would love to submit for grading but it really makes no economic sense to me at the current price level. More waiting for me!

Matt

• Options
    edited February 1, 2018 1:30PM

@Mefer said:

@gemint said:

I wonder as well. Maybe as others note above it is the non-sports market particular Pokemon. All I know is that I have a ton of post '56 cards I would love to submit for grading but it really makes no economic sense to me at the current price level. More waiting for me!

Matt

I agree with this also for pc items, but time value of money comes into play also for pre-planned sell-able items. $0.50 here or there wouldn''t kill most sales individually and on top of that, the market fluctuates often enough which also discourages waiting so I decided to send the bulk I have this week after seeing the no specials again.

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

It's modern and non-sports, not vintage, driving the volume

• Options

Well I guess the good news is it is only 28 days until March!

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of wackys being graded in the last three years as well.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:
    It's modern and non-sports, not vintage, driving the volume

I agree with this.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.