Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

That's about the going rate over the last few years.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    seablasterseablaster Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

The guy was a lot of fun to watch. The Sonics pushed the Bulls to 6 games in the NBA Finals and Kemp definitely showed up in that series.

• Options

@Batpig said:
    His kids are starting to collect cards.

Yeh, look for a spike in interest in Philip Rivers and Antonio Cromarti cards in ten years or so....

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think you missed a couple of memos.

Arthur

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely remember being happy to pull that card from packs back in 1990!

• Options

I just ripped a box the other day. Was looking for Jordan, Robinson and Kemp that I could sub for a PSA 10. I think people forget how good Kemp and those Sonics teams were.

Arthur

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

well, a guy could make a small profit then by ripping cheap 1990 Fleer boxes and subbing Kemps for $5 to $7 if someone is consistently going to buy them for $25 to $30...there are literally thousands and thousands of these cards out there and 80% can probably PSA 10 -- granted it won't make you a millionaire, but if you can add small profits to your 1990 Fleer buckets rips due to Kemp buyers (added to Jordan buyers, Robinson, All-Star cards, etc..)...all the sudden 1990 Fleer buckets seems like a very profitable venture when ripping a box

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before he started to eat his way out of the league, Kemp was one of the best players in the NBA. He was arguable the MVP i the finals they lost to the Bulls. I always bought lower bowl seat when the Sonics came to Detroit just to see his dunks.

I lived near Elkhart when the NBA lockout happened. The local pizza place I use to go to told me that Kemp was one of their biggest customers. When I saw his return to the league I realized those pizzas were just for him.

Mike
  • Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

@Kep13 said:
    well, a guy could make a small profit then by ripping cheap 1990 Fleer boxes and subbing Kemps for $5 to $7 if someone is consistently going to buy them for $25 to $30...there are literally thousands and thousands of these cards out there and 80% can probably PSA 10 -- granted it won't make you a millionaire, but if you can add small profits to your 1990 Fleer buckets rips due to Kemp buyers (added to Jordan buyers, Robinson, All-Star cards, etc..)...all the sudden 1990 Fleer buckets seems like a very profitable venture when ripping a box

If you think 80% of the Kemps you'd pull from 90 Fleer boxes are 10's, you haven't opened much 90 Fleer. In fact, only about 40% of the Kemps subbed have gotten 10's, and those are almost all ones that someone thought had a shot at 10.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

He still has a big following. See posts looking for his cards on the Facebook card groups at least once a week. Just saw one a few hours ago actually.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2018 6:34AM

@Kep13 said:

You obviously know nothing about 1990 Fleer basketball. I don't mean to be mean, it's just that, well, you're making statements that share next-to-nothing with reality that you're obviously pulling out of your lunch mixer. Thanks for playing though. Vanna has a nice prize waiting for you.

Arthur

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

funny -- or not...if you or someone else buys all my PSA 10 Shawn Kemp's from me for $30 each when I get them, then have at it...that was the gist of my post ..

p.s. I do know about 1990 Fleer basketball...have submitted pretty much only Jordans, and have had no issue getting 10's...I will go through the stack of Kemps I have and submit the best 10 or so too now if someone is willing to pay $25-$30 for them...

• Options

Dude, you're totes gonna be rich.

Arthur