Home Sports Talk
Options

Any Clippers or Pistons fans here?

erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 29, 2018 6:00PM in Sports Talk

The Clippers just traded Blake Griffin with a couple young players to the Pistons for Avery Bradley,Tobias Harris,another player & a couple picks. LA looks like it might be clearing up cap space to possibly make a run at Lebron this offseason.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22258464/blake-griffin-los-angeles-clippers-talks-traded-detroit-pistons

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm from Detroit and live in LA.

My friends in family in Detroit HATE the trade.

My friends in LA and the fans in LA hate the trade. They are on suicide watch

Never has a trade been unilaterally hated. The Pistons might be trading Drummond for a first round pick. Can't see Blake and Dre together

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Did not see that one coming at all. Usually before a big trade like this there are rumors and rumblings about it for days or even weeks beforehand. Not this time. Especially after the Clippers wooed Griffin to resign as a "Clippers Lifer" and everything else.

I will be curious to see how this will play out, not just for the remainder of this season but for the next few. The contracts for Griffin and Drummond are both hefty and will limit Detroit in free agency. I expect both DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams to get traded in the next week as well, as the Clippers go back to the mediocrity they were in before Elton Brand got there in 2001.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this was definitely out of the blue but isn't Jerry West running the Clippers? You gotta think they have a plan going foward. Bradley's money is coming off the books as is DeAndre Jordan's if he doesn't get dealt. It could possibly turn into signing Lebron and tell him to bring a friend,maybe Paul George. There have been some rumors of Boston maybe going after Lou Williams to come off the bench.
    From the Pistons POV this a head scratcher,sure they got the best player in the deal but he's always getting hurt. Now they have two superstar contracts tied up for two star players. It doesn't make sense unless they find a taker for Drummond.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I think they might be more inclined to flip Griffin this offseason if the season doesn't end well for them. I am not sure what exactly Jerry West's role is with the team. Lawrence Frank is officially in the title role of running the team but West's presence can't be discounted.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

Eventually every player will learn that teams and owners view them as replaceable parts and that they need to go for the jugular in every negotiation. Player loyalty to a team/organization is for suckers unfortunately. At least Blake got a ton of $$s to be a "Clippers lifer".

Not sure what this means for the Clippers going forward but their team with Blake and Jordan was going nowhere.

Robb