Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bought a lot of tobacco cards, is this mold?

I bought a big 100+ lot of tobacco cards, unfortunately no sports. But I was wondering what this is on one of the cards? All the other cards look clean with the usual old card smell. Usually mold stains black and not brown like this? Any idea??

Comments

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Without seeing it in hand, I would say it appears to be part of whatever it was glued to.

By the way, that IS a sports card. Cricket may not be a popular sport in the US, but it is a sport.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    Spartcom5Spartcom5 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

I don't think it is a cricket card, I forget what it is but defintely not cricket. And yes! Thank you, adhesive is definitely what it was, someone else mentioned that on another forum and it makes complete sense. Thankfully it's not mold! Now on to how to store these, maybe I'll post another thread.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Spartcom5 said:
    I don't think it is a cricket card, I forget what it is but defintely not cricket. And yes! Thank you, adhesive is definitely what it was, someone else mentioned that on another forum and it makes complete sense. Thankfully it's not mold! Now on to how to store these, maybe I'll post another thread.

Nope, that is definitely a cricket card. You can tell not only from the top header line, but also it is clear in the text paragraph as well. It is a card from the John Player & Sons "Cricketers, 1934" set.