Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Aaron Judge FFA (archive) autographed cards....whats your opinion.. are they worthy ?

Are these just more Aaron Judge RC's for the sake of it or are they investable? He's got so much stuff out there...

Comments

• DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2018 5:05PM

The Archives cards are among his very top/most desirable, actually. Anecdotally, I know quite a few Judge collectors who even prefer their favorite of that trio (1983 FFA, 1960 Rookie Stars, or 1959 Bazooka) over the Heritage.

Whatever one's subjective preference, they are in the "Tier One" of Judge Auto RCs, as most player collectors will go beyond just one or two RCs of their favorite subject.

In terms of pricing, Gem Mt or Pristine examples of the Archives cards will command legitimate coin on the open market. A blue FFA in true Gem would garner at least 1k. And the red border of any of the three is a beast in Mint let alone Gem Mt state. I have only come across one Mint Red FFA, and would slug it out hard for the lone Gem Mt graded example of the 25 that were printed.

It is also worth noting that his Archives Base #62 is probably his top base/non-auto RC. The gray back variation is especially tough.

Still actively hunting the Gold/1 FFA and the Black/1 #62.

As a quick and easy reference, if anyone is curious to print runs:

1983 FFA Auto RC
    White Border (unnumbered) ~ 150-200
    Peach Border /150
    Blue Border /75
    Red Border /25
    Gold Border 1/1

1959 Bazooka Auto
    White Border /99
    Red Border /25
    Black Border 1/1

1960 Rookie Stars Auto
    White Border /150
    Blue Border /75
    Red Border /25
    Black Border 1/1

The colored borders are very hard to grade out high, making for even lower pops in 9/10 grades than the print numbers. On the whole all three auto styles have dried up recently and become somewhat scarce.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

Ive been a vintage guy forever...and Judge and Bellinger have gotten me into the new stuff ... but you have to get another bachelors degree just look it up on pop reports and price guides ... its like the yellow pages...etc.... so much stuff...

edited January 28, 2018 5:10PM

I actually found it a lot more organized than PreWar, lol. I remember when I just wanted a Babe Ruth card, then a Gehrig, then a DiMaggio. I had to learn what a Zeenut was, then batting pose versus throwing, then coupon versus no coupon. Ad backs...but an enjoyable rabbit hole it was :)

• OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2018 4:45AM

What is your impression of the Topps Transcendent autos??? Judge etc....BTW ~congratulations on your new LOL badge~ LOL

With regards to the Transcendent 1/1 Retros, I am a huge fan of both the HR patch cards and the autos.

I think the patch cards are so unique, and provide fantastic value to a collector. He hit two of his fifty-two historic homeruns in that jersey, and those cards are the only ones featuring such a special item. Obviously some cards and retro designs are more attractive and sought after than others.

Being 1/1s it is nice knowing that when you obtain a retro auto or HR patch card, it is something that will be unique to your collection.