Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Local Sunday Card Show Pick Up -- 56 Mantle

Set up a show for the first time in about 15 years or longer. Think I bought more than I sold. Not perfectly centered but I still like it for the price!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Great pickup. Beautiful card, congrats.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2018 4:32AM

This card is just so much fun....What if they had made '54 and '55 Topps of this fella.....What IF!
    I've had this one for eons and I have always wondered if I should resubmit ~What do you think? PSA 5 seems a touch bit low for this one ......:

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup PROMETHIUS88. You can never go wrong with the 56 Mantle.

Odessafile, I would certainly send in your PSA 5 for a review. Strong looking 5 to me. Unless something on the back would prevent it I would say it has a very good chance of a bump.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it has a really small crease that doesn't go all the way through and keeping it at a 5?

OP-Nice pick up!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    This card is just so much fun....What if they had made '54 and '55 Topps of this fella.....What IF!
    I've had this one for eons and I have always wondered if I should resubmit ~What do you think? PSA 5 seems a touch bit low for this one ......:

Great looking PSA 5 there and excellent card. I think if you look closer at the right edge that is what keeps it from being higher than a 5. I have a similar Mantle that looks higher but has some very minor issues that can't be seen with the naked eye but under a loop you can see it. Once you know what to look for it becomes a little more apparent why they grade like they do. Either way you have a very nice example there.

KC