Home Sports Talk
Options

What in the world is going on in the Big 10??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

First it was Penn State, major problems in the Football program with the Jerry Sandusky scandal. Now it's Michigan State and the US Gymnastic perv doctor scandal. The dominoes are falling with the offending doctor gone for life and the AD resigning along with the University President. As with Penn State, we are left with the suspicion that these people know what is going on, or at least suspect something is wrong, and make the choice to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to everything.

I have to ask, are these student athletes safe anywhere??

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not just gymnastics at MSU. There's a major, major scandal brewing and it's going to hit basketball and football.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/espn-msu-athletic-department-hid-culture-of-sexual-assault-inside-basketball-football-programs

Read the full article linked in the story I've linked. It's not good.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar problems at University of Arizona. RichRod was exposed as an abusive coach to the players. Sean Miller is corrupt and an A-hole on top of it. Don't know if they have a Larry Nassar of staff, but I suspect a great number of schools do.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, I see some Football players are now in the limelight.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tip of the iceberg really, it’s way to easy to shout sexual harassment now and your going to see woman coming out of the woodwork claiming some type of sexual harassment.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Tip of the iceberg really, it’s way to easy to shout sexual harassment now and your going to see woman coming out of the woodwork claiming some type of sexual harassment.

Sad thing is......it's probably more than a "claim".

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2018 11:48AM

I think all these big schools are filthy corrupt $hitholes . Passing players who never go to class. Giving student steroids because teams win loss record is more important than long term health of the player(Pete Carroll) . Ditto concussion issues. Buying cars or prostitutes to bribe players (Pitino) , paying coaches ten million dollars (Harbaugh the loser) while players make nothing. Diddling little boys and covering it up ( Penn state and all its fans are a disgrace). Admit students they know will never pass just to get them to borrow money.

Merchandise and TV money Its not what college is for. Plus I don't get the sentiment some have for a school they attended , Go there , improve your mind and move on. Once your out the place should cease to mean anything to you. I went to 2 colleges and got my degrees . I paid them for the degrees I don't owe them anything now that I'm out. I get stuff from them in the mail begging for money I throw it in the trash. Same with any reunion garbage .
    I'm like Glicker , I wouldn't go to a game unless it was free , I think ticket prices should be set equal to players salary . They build buildings they don't need , they hire hordes of administrators( parasites) while firing teachers ( the reason the place exists is to teach people , not to "administrate")

Shut them all down. Burn them all to the ground and take their endowments away .

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously Glicker hacked into your account or has taken residence in your head or this is one of the better satirical posts of this new year

Well played

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Obviously Glicker hacked into your account or has taken residence in your head or this is one of the better satirical posts of this new year

Well played

m

It was satire but I agree with at least half of it. I really do throw everything from the schools I went to in the trash. Money grubbing weasels :D
    Plus the penn state part.

I don't care about pete carroll so much , I mean USC was tainted long before he got there :D . There is no school with more felon alumni than the trojans . I researched that heavily on the following site .
    http://beatsc.com/infamous-trojans/

(ignore the countless UCLA cheerleader pics on the rest of the site )

Just throwing shade at Rick Pitino for no reason except he was awful when he coached the celtics

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete Carroll has great hair

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    I think all these big schools are filthy corrupt $hitholes . Passing players who never go to class. Giving student steroids because teams win loss record is more important than long term health of the player(Pete Carroll) . Ditto concussion issues. Buying cars or prostitutes to bribe players (Pitino) , paying coaches ten million dollars (Harbaugh the loser) while players make nothing. Diddling little boys and covering it up ( Penn state and all its fans are a disgrace). Admit students they know will never pass just to get them to borrow money.

Merchandise and TV money Its not what college is for. Plus I don't get the sentiment some have for a school they attended , Go there , improve your mind and move on. Once your out the place should cease to mean anything to you. I went to 2 colleges and got my degrees . I paid them for the degrees I don't owe them anything now that I'm out. I get stuff from them in the mail begging for money I throw it in the trash. Same with any reunion garbage .
    I'm like Glicker , I wouldn't go to a game unless it was free , I think ticket prices should be set equal to players salary . They build buildings they don't need , they hire hordes of administrators( parasites) while firing teachers ( the reason the place exists is to teach people , not to "administrate")

Shut them all down. Burn them all to the ground and take their endowments away .

Don't hold back. Say what you really think.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

There may be legitimate complaints but let's not exaggerate. O. J. was found not guilty... well, ok, you win that one. O. J. is a felon. As far as players not getting paid, I read that Reggie Bush actually had to take a pay cut when he joined the NFL.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

Well played

m

I agree with most but the last sentence.

Closest University to me is a disaster management wise. Sean Miller's top assistant that he brought over from Xavier is facing 160 years in the hoosegow for a number of criminal infractions and we are to believe that Miller was out of the loop. He is still earning $100,000 a week.

RichRod was fired a few weeks ago under the veil of harassment from a key member of his staff. He received a $6,000,000 severance check.

Last school president got canned and took home a nice payday...I believe that she is still receiving a salary.

And yet...and yet. when the football stadium is half empty. When residents in the area rather spend the $100 that two tickets would cost on a nice dinner, the idiot sports writers blme it on fan apathy.

When the tickets are $5 and a lemonade id $2.50 and the place stands empty, fine. To accuse anyone for making a wiser choice with their money as apathetic is prohibitively stupid.

Yeah I get the Rah Rah, I went Michigan or Notre Dame or Kentucky so anything goes and everything is ok, but even the most die hard fans, ie of Penn State and Michigan State, have to have a tipping point.

I think for many that will happen this year.