Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Can the Eagles beat Tom Brady?

Being from Philly; I BLEED GREEN; just curious to other opinions.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

With Nick Foles starting? I'm gonna say probably not. With Carson Wentz starting,they probably could of done it.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and they will win

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

patriot fan here but the eagles are capable of winning

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

As a Raider fan, and like relying upon Obi Won as my only hope, the Eagles are my only hope at this point! Go Green!

Matt

• firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭

Rooting for the Eagles but don't really think they have a chance.

Matt

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭

Patriots seem to make every Super Bowl close so I think the Eagles have a chance. Would like to see Brady win another one so really hoping the Pats actually get a big lead for a change in a Super Bowl.

Robb

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    Would like to see Brady win another one so really hoping the Pats actually get a big lead for a change in a Super Bowl.

Robb

Come on Man; he already is GOAT; give us green fans 1 ring..............

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update on Gronk?

Live it didn't look as severe as the replay showed. He got drilled.

Haven't heard anything, but, I am sure he'll play; he has 2 weeks to pass concussion protocol. He did get drilled, though, that was a very cheap hit. IMO.

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018 3:24PM

All 3 of my teams have made it to the finals in the past season -

Predators - Loss in 6
    Dodgers - Loss in 7
    Eagles - It's time!

I guess I should be happy getting so close with every team I root for in such a short time, but (with all due respect to my friends from Western NY), it's time to win one!!! Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!

Go Dodgers!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foles has played 2 great games, 2 OK games, and 1 clunker. This is obviously the wild card.
    Eagles skill players, lines, and coaching are good enough to win.
    Eagles being new at the whole super bowl week/process/grind will be challenging.

Pats will have a solid plan to win, and probably enough horses to execute it - they can cover the WRs and still stop the run. Can they cover the TE's though?
    They will find the holes in the defense.
    They will not be challenged by the whole process/grind.
    It will be interesting to see how Philly covers Gronk.

I think one big turnover or special teams play could tilt this thing, but absent that, I will say Pats by 3 or 4.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Packers Fan here so I don't want an NFC team to win. Go Pats!

PackManInNC
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

I’m an eagles fan living in RI. It’s impossible to beat Brady and B.B. unless you have Eli Manning for some me reason. I actually like Foles but the patriots are so well prepared the eagles would need to play flawlessly to have s chance.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

@eagles33 said:
    It’s impossible to beat Brady and B.B. unless you have Eli Manning for some me reason. I actually like Foles but the patriots are so well prepared the eagles would need to play flawlessly to have s chance.

unfortunately, this is somewhat true, although not impossible.

• Eagles definitely have a chance to win. Remember it was a fore gone conclusion the Patriots were going to win both times against the Giants. Granted Nick Foles is no Eli but he can be a Jeff Hostetler.

• vols1vols1 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

The Eagles have a shot if Joe Walsh is healthy.

• Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

I thought he lost his license and doesn’t drive anymore

A week away; Giddy Up....................

• lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭

Pats look a bit more vulnerable this year, so Philly has a chance.

@tonylags said:
    A week away; Giddy Up....................

Gonna be a looooong week.

@tonylags Hey man Congrats on the win. Eagles definitely played like champs tonight

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018 8:32PM

Don't have a dog in the fight but the Eagles didn't beat Tom Brady who passed for 500 yds and a super bowl record. They did beat the Patriots defense like a yard dog. The Eagles got the benefit on 2 huge calls. Either controversial call probably would have been called no TD in the regular season. Congrats to Foles, who almost gave up football.

• ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018 8:36PM

@ElvisP said:
    ......the Eagles didn't beat Tom Brady who passed for 500 yds and a super bowl record.......

But he did cough it up when the game was on the line. Refs didn't help "tuck rule" Tommy this time.

• Luke1989Luke1989 Posts: 136 ✭✭

Patriots have benefited from many calls throughout the playoffs. Tuck rule anyone?

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

What a game! Thrilled as an Eagles fan that they found a way to win this classic!

Go Dodgers!
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

My family on my mom's side is from family and have 500 relatives up there. As a Miami fan with Philly roots always good to see the Pats go down - good for the Iggles with their first SB win.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

One of the best SB's ever, especially if you like offense.

• Congrats to the Eagles.

It looks like they now have a Drew Brees/Philip Rivers Quarterback Controversy to deal with this off-season between Nick Foles and Carson Wentz.

That said, if you're the Eagles and the Cleveland Browns offer you their two 2018 First Round Picks (#1 and #4 overall) as well as their Second Round Pick for Carson Wentz, do you bite?

It would be selling high on Wentz who looked like the best player in the league this year but is coming off ACL surgery which might mean he's a step slower when he comes back.

edited February 4, 2018 9:38PM

@sdsalezman said:
    Congrats to the Eagles.

It looks like they now have a Drew Brees/Philip Rivers Quarterback Controversy to deal with this off-season between Nick Foles and Carson Wentz.

That said, if you're the Eagles and the Cleveland Browns offer you their two 2018 First Round Picks (#1 and #4 overall) as well as their Second Round Pick for Carson Wentz, do you bite?

It would be selling high on Wentz who looked like the best player in the league this year but is coming off ACL surgery which might mean he's a step slower when he comes back.

Philly would be crazy to trade Wentz to keep Foles even though Foles just won them a SB. Wentz looks like he can be on the same level as Brady & Rodgers,that top tier for QBs. Foles was great as the backup but Wentz is still the Eagles future

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

No chance the eagles deal Wentz. I can see them dealing Foles, because he's bound to command a huge raise after this run, but I'm sure the Eagles will try to keep him as a backup if they can.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good game

Didn't over eat.

Haven't decided yet but I think my favorite commercial was the Rocket Mortgage...

Livin' large - "lives with his mama" - Likes long walks - "doesn't have a car" - Entrepreneur - "unemployed"

https://youtu.be/7trGuZiJeyo

Mike
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

I liked the Eli Manning / Giants team commercial.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Alexa losing her voice one was hilarious, also.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@erikthredd said:
    @tonylags Hey man Congrats on the win. Eagles definitely played like champs tonight

Thanks man; been waiting a lifetime.................

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the Eagles! Well done. They had guts and went for it.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

@wrestlingcardking said:

That Foles TD reception will forever be the highlight for this game. As soon as Foles started creeping towards his right tackle before the snap,you just knew some kind of trick play was coming but wasn't expecting it to be Foles on the receiving end. Philly never took their foot off the pedal and definitely earned that win.
    Next year they should be even better once Went comes back. I think he would have won MVP had he not been IR'd.

Unbelievable game; that Foles td and Ertz Td were a classic; as well as that brady miss. When NE had the ball with 2 min all I was thinking was .................oh no; here we go..............But than a stripped sack and GAME OVER..........................................WOW

And the GOAT had over 500 yds passing in a superbowl loss; we may never see that again in our lifetimes.......

@tonylags said:
    Unbelievable game; that Foles td and Ertz Td were a classic; as well as that brady miss. When NE had the ball with 2 min all I was thinking was .................oh no; here we go..............But than a stripped sack and GAME OVER..........................................WOW

And the GOAT had over 500 yds passing in a superbowl loss; we may never see that again in our lifetimes.......

Pats also had three WRs go for 100+ receiving yards in the SB. I don't know if that has been done before in the SB but you don't see that happen often.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@wrestlingcardking said:

That Foles TD reception will forever be the highlight for this game. As soon as Foles started creeping towards his right tackle before the snap,you just knew some kind of trick play was coming but wasn't expecting it to be Foles on the receiving end. Philly never took their foot off the pedal and definitely earned that win.
    Next year they should be even better once Went comes back. I think he would have won MVP had he not been IR'd.

Yep. Saw a college run it and as soon as I saw him making checks and moving away from the snap I told my wife watch this. It is a great play call, and man did Pederson call a great game. Overall for both teams there was one punt and two TO's so hard to complain either way.

Man if Gronk retires or Brady, and if Belechik packs it in the Pats are going to be in for a long brutal haul.

• BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    Don't have a dog in the fight but the Eagles didn't beat Tom Brady who passed for 500 yds and a super bowl record. They did beat the Patriots defense like a yard dog. The Eagles got the benefit on 2 huge calls. Either controversial call probably would have been called no TD in the regular season. Congrats to Foles, who almost gave up football.

I disagree, at least on the Ertz catch. That wasn't even close. The only reason it was controversial is because Collinsworth made it so. I usually like him, but he had a bad night. Jumping over a defender AFTER you've made the catch is not the same as controlling the ball to the ground.

How many times did he call a play action pass an RPO?

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Good game

Didn't over eat.

Haven't decided yet but I think my favorite commercial was the Rocket Mortgage...

Livin' large - "lives with his mama" - Likes long walks - "doesn't have a car" - Entrepreneur - "unemployed"

https://youtu.be/7trGuZiJeyo

I agree with Mike. This was the #1 commercial for me. My daughter and I could not stop laughing.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

@KendallCat said:

@erikthredd said:

@wrestlingcardking said:

Yep. Saw a college run it and as soon as I saw him making checks and moving away from the snap I told my wife watch this. It is a great play call, and man did Pederson call a great game. Overall for both teams there was one punt and two TO's so hard to complain either way.

Man if Gronk retires or Brady, and if Belechik packs it in the Pats are going to be in for a long brutal haul.

It was definitely an entertaining game even if my team was on the losing end. That day will come for NE when those three you mention are no longer around but i don't think it will be this offseason.

• Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

I’m yeah, I got nothing.... congrats to my brothers in Philly. Long time for them

Sorry to the NE fans; great game regardless; I personally think and thought the controversy is and was...........................Why was Malcom Butler benched? Dumb move by Belichick if you ask me he is better than Eric Rowe, who was on Philly at one time

PHILLY PHILLY

@tonylags said:
    Sorry to the NE fans; great game regardless; I personally think and thought the controversy is and was...........................Why was Malcom Butler benched? Dumb move by Belichick if you ask me he is better than Eric Rowe, who was on Philly at one time

PHILLY PHILLY

I posted a link to why Butler was benched here:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/994197/rumor-why-malcolm-butler-didnt-play-in-the-sb#latest

If that rumor was true i think Belichick should have had Butler sit a quarter or two at most. Too Late now.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2018 6:30PM

I was disappointed that Budweiser didn't have a Clydesdale commercial?

Mike