Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How backed up is PSA?

Got a Piggbyback submission last week for my 1911 T-205 (most likely going to get an MC designation) anyhow the turnaround time is supposedly 10 days. However, I have seen on the forum here that PSA is backed up big time. When do you all think I can expect my card back? I have never submitted anything before so I am hoping it's not as long as submitting a coin lol!

Comments

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

According to a customer service representative, this is the busiest January in their 30-year history. 10 business days beyond the suggested turnaround time certainly wouldn't be out of the question.

It does seem completely random, though. An order could pop at any time.

Good luck.

• OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2018 3:21AM

Yes...I would suggest a good book.....I sent a sub in Dec. 21st....no tracking data yet. Its enough to make you want to fly to a local show and get it done live..lol. The new hologram emblem is definitely driving a push of business their way. Im surprised they took as long as they did to get a secure and attractive encapsulation. IF you are an investor Id consider picking up some of their stock....CLCT trades on the Nasdaq.....its consistent as heck $29-$30 bucks/share with a great dividend ~4.78% ~ just about double the 10 year treasury 2.6 %.

• Spartcom5Spartcom5 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Wow, so I take it this is a good sign for the hobby correct? I don't mind waiting the extra time if so. I've waited 3 months before for coins I've sent in lol. Let's hope it's not that long.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭✭

I hear Beckett grading is also booming.
    Had the best December ever

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Trumps economy has collectibles soaring as high and as far as an Aaron Judge slicing home run over right field....Vintage Art, Vintage Watches, Coins and Vintage Automobiles etc etc... interesting times.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Does it matter if the box says super express vs. regular?

PackManInNC
    edited January 21, 2018 7:30AM

@mexpo75 .....Absolutely...if you pay for express they will honor that time frame ....as a result more and more folks are getting that service and the regular way 10 bus. day is paying the price on the back end :)

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Thanks for quick response, Odessafile. Its a shame though that you need to pony up $125 to get quicker service.

PackManInNC
  • From what I can gather I would expect around 2-3 weeks for your grades to pop after your sub gets logged. Someone's sub on another thread got logged in late Dec. and his grades just popped last week.

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

So backed up I sent a courtesy jar of MiraLax with my last sub. It hasn't helped.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    Thanks for quick response, Odessafile. Its a shame though that you need to pony up $125 to get quicker service.

They are not close on any service level. I paid for a 5 day express, that took over a month to get the grade. Over 2 weeks to log and 14 business days to process. :(

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    @mexpo75 .....Absolutely...if you pay for express they will honor that time frame ....as a result more and more folks are getting that service and the regular way 10 bus. day is paying the price on the back end :)

No true.....my express was logged on 1/5. No pop yet....

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I think people could describe PSA as constipated and they would not be wrong.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

@mexpo75 said:

They are not close on any service level. I paid for a 5 day express, that took over a month to get the grade. Over 2 weeks to log and 14 business days to process. :(

Holy Gronkamole. I can understand the Regular and below taking a beating but if I'm paying $50 or more I better dang well get service close to what is listed. Hopefully you get some vouchers or something.

Arthur