Lost 148-124 at Cleveland.

Something is not right.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Lost 148-124 at Cleveland.

Something is not right.

I watched tried to watch my first NBA game of the season last night. Could only manage one half. ( not the Cav's). Unwatchable. I will tune in to to semis and finals

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Westbrook and James thought it was the all-star game.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Kyrie leaving left a hole they have been unable to fill. 2. Playing defense now and then could help. 3. Complaining to an official when you don't get a call as the other team is breaking to the other end of the court is not beneficial. 4. Establish a coherent rotation. 5. Maximum effort for a minimum of 48 minutes, not 24....To be continued.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

just my impression of the season so far................................

with all the press about the Irving trade it is easy to fall back on that as the reason for what is going on, but it isn't so simple. as a matter of fact, the word prior to the trade was that Kyrie wasn't a very good defender, right?? so that shouldn't figure into things. if Irving was on the bench for three months and all other things were equal I believe the result would be the same, a Team struggling with injuries and new players.

the real problem seems to be the fact that there have been a lot of injuries and a lot of players new to the Team that have been rotating in and out. they had a good stretch in November when they played well together with a settled and consistent lineup, albeit against some weaker Teams, and then when the schedule got tougher the rotation started changing as players got healthy.

their biggest problem is in transition, after a missed shot or turnover they have a nasty habit of not getting back very quickly. other Teams have figured that out and even lesser ones have shown an ability to beat Cleveland with that tactic. as Brick said, they complicate things by complaining and setup a 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 fast break. it can be hard to watch. Kevin Love might be the worst offender in this regard, he drags-ass getting back on defense. it was a trait he had exhibited last season but seemed to have solved early on this year, now it is back in spades. watch for him in almost any game bringing up the rear on the bench side of the court --- it is predictable and everyone takes advantage of it.

lately, they have been using a five-man rotation instead of 2-3, and I believe they have the players to do such a thing. all that remains is to find the right groups of five. fortunately for Cleveland their is enough time to do something like that and be ready for the playoffs. the way the NBA is structured post-season it really doesn't matter what the number is, 1-8, when things start. the Cavs would have to face the top Teams eventually, all that is at stake is bragging rights and home-court advantage.

of those two things, one doesn't matter and the other can be minimized.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

That team has thrown in the towel and are just going thru the motions now probably until the trade deadline when their owner would be smart to start his rebuild if they can't get a legit commitment from Lebron going past this season. It also doesn't help that Ty Lue is basically just a puppet head coach.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I fully expect Cleveland to make a big move before the trade deadline, because this year is it for them; LBJ is as good as gone (for good) after he becomes a free agent this summer.

As currently constructed, the Cavs won't even have the opportunity to get swept by the Warriors because they will not be able to get past the Celtics in the East. Cleveland is almost dead last in the Association when it comes to team defensive efficiency (29 out of 30), whereas Boston is numero uno. Individually, the Celtics have 5 of the top 12 players in the league (!!) in defensive win shares, with one Kyrie Irving residing at #12. Not until you get to #122 do you find a Cavalier (Iman Shumpert), and if you're looking for King James, you'll have to scroll all the way down to #380 before you see his name. LeBron is having a stellar season putting the ball in the hole (per usual), but this has been the worst season of his career on D.

If they could somehow pilfer DeAndre Jordan (an elite rim protector & rebounder) and Lou Williams (a bonafide scorer in the backcourt) from the Clips, the gaps would shrink. But in order to get those dudes, they'll most likely have to part ways with the coveted first-rounder via the Nets that they acquired in the Irving trade. If I'm in the Cleveland front office, I'm pulling that trigger. Again, 2017-18 is it for the Cavs. Golden State is going nowhere and neither is Boston. After this season, there will be no more opportunities for championships for quite some time.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that there is a very good chance that a fourpeat of a Cavs-Warriors finals is simply not in the cards.

The Cavs look troubled (but they could easily work things out and steamroll into and through the playoffs again to reach the finals). Always a soap opera wherever LBJ is playing, because he is the King and the object of so very much attention from both supporters and detractors.

GS looks very inconsistent and will have a harder time in the Western Conference playoffs this year (but maybe they will also turn things on in late March and early April to get into playoff form for another run at the finals).

• Options

GS should not have much difficulty reaching the finals.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

One man doesn't make a team. GS plays together.

• Options

Congrats to LeBron for reaching 30,000.