Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hotel Info posted for National; suggestions?

Never been to Cleveland. Hotels are posted on the website. Anyone have suggestions?

I will have my 13-year old son. Would prefer someplace within walking distance and with a pool. Would also consider someplace farther away if it's near many activities and easy commute to convetion center. Thanks

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
Prefer to buy in bulk.

Comments

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

IX Center is near the airport and don't think you can hoof it there like Chicago. There is a Hilton Garden Inn nearby and a few others. Downtown has some options and Indians are in town if that is your thing. I have accounts in Cleveland so I usually stay in Independence whichis a suburb east of the IX center but about 10-12 miles away. Hotels are good and there are food places in the area. Only 6.5 months away!!

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2018 10:20PM

Hiya John

It's amazing how fast things dry up with the national!

I'm staying at the Sheraton which is about a mile from the convention and already booked up thru Greg who handles the block of rooms in different hotels for the national.

If you check, you'll notice that other hotels like the Sheraton, like the Marriott have free shuttles to the convention and airport.

Very important to use them since prices for rooms not thru them are expensive. The Marriott - I noticed - was 117 per day.
    The Sheraton is 127 but if booking direct with hotel - I understand it's pushing 200 per?

Here's a good reference LINK.

Mike
  • rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

I live in Cleveland...
    There is not much to do around the IX Center or the nearby hotels. Staying downtown will give you ability to go to bars, restaurants, Progressive Field, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame easily on foot (or short Uber rides). There is a train system from Airport to downtown (RTA) but would recommend Uber instead.

-Michael

Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleveland's a really nice city.

Have been to the R&R HOF.

Looking forward to seeing a game.

Mike
  • tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@rounding3rd said:
    I live in Cleveland...
    There is not much to do around the IX Center or the nearby hotels. Staying downtown will give you ability to go to bars, restaurants, Progressive Field, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame easily on foot (or short Uber rides). There is a train system from Airport to downtown (RTA) but would recommend Uber instead.

-Michael

any hotel suggestions?

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

@tonylags said:

@rounding3rd said:
    I live in Cleveland...

-Michael

any hotel suggestions?

I can put together a small list of some "better ones" in general and post it in this thread. If there are specific needs (location, family friendly etc.,) feel free to PM me and I would try to help out with suggestions if I can!

Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@rounding3rd said:

I can put together a small list of some "better ones" in general and post it in this thread. If there are specific needs (location, family friendly etc.,) feel free to PM me and I would try to help out with suggestions if I can!

That would be awesome; thanks. Family friendly for me; I have a wife & 17 year old that have no interest in cards; are there any amusement parks/zoo/museum's/other things to do?

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@tonylags said:

@rounding3rd said:

That would be awesome; thanks. Family friendly for me; I have a wife & 17 year old that have no interest in cards; are there any amusement parks/zoo/museum's/other things to do?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is there. Sounds like you should check out tripadvisor bud since your family has no interest in cards. You can probably create them quite the itinerary there.

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2018 5:01PM

I think a read somewhere that the 2018 Pro Football HOF Enshrinement is taking place that week/weekend as well down in Canton.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:19AM