Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I Need Your Suggestions & Help

Happy Wednesday, fellow cardboard crack addicts!

I have been really thinking hard (on and off) about how to land some of the more difficult to obtain cards out there on my want list such as the 1989 Donruss Blue Chips, 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold, 1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor /5, 1999 Fleer Starting Nine, and ... GASP!!! The three 1997 Flair 1/1 Jose Canseco cards.

I keep thinking to myself this: Our hobby is more and more connected than it has ever been, yet these never show up. It is as if we are at the mercy of owners deciding to pop them on eBay at times.

So, here is my question: What suggestions/thoughts/ideas do you have for me to be proactive about looking for - and obtaining these? I don't even really know anyone who has these to begin with. Any help greatly appreciated! I'm hoping this brainstorm session will spark ideas for not just me, but you as well!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Post strong buy prices on this and other boards/sites, try social media, Ie. Facebook, publicly offer a finders fee; Than hope someone who has/knows of one see's it.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@tonylags I think that is a great idea. I've implemented it and actually ran one of these as recently as this week. Here is what I have :)

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly what tonylags said. Post a bounty on every card related site you can find. Never know what will turn up.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018 2:36PM

If you're interested in a 1995 Select Certifield Mirror Gold of Carlos Baerga PSA 10 (cert 15879929) I know where you might be able to get the only one graded PSA 10...actually the only Baerga graded period.

• Options

I actually have several of these!

• Options

One of mine says $50 finder's fee for the 96 Select Certified Mirror Gold Canseco. If someone directed me to one, I just might throw in dinner and a foot rub!

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@mouschi said:
    @tonylags I think that is a great idea. I've implemented it and actually ran one of these as recently as this week. Here is what I have :)

that looks good; glad I could help; try the beckett boards too. Post the titles and a pic on facebook/craigslist etc than it's in the google searches, should someone be searching for what they have or wondering what they have.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Not sure what else you can do. As for the foot rub, remember what happened to Tony Rocky Horror.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

On the show American Pickers, Mike and Frank have at times looked for specific items for certain special clients. Is there a Sports Card and memorabilia equivalent to Mike and Frank? BBCE comes to mind because of their travels and networking.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Run eBay listings with ridiculous BINs and explain it the description WTB
    Someone of no knowledge may look to eBay as a reference and find out

• Options

Thank you guys!