Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This Ebay vintage card seller is knowingly ripping people off. Buyers beware!

garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

How does this happen? His username is jessecryan. He sells all kinds of reprints including Fleer Michael Jordan's, and 1952 Mantle's saying they are reprints/unknown in his ebay descriptions. When he CLEARLY knows they are nothing but worthless fakes. In some of the descriptions he says they could be possible PSA 9's or 10's. This criminal should be kicked off of ebay and reported to the authorities.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honus-Wagner-1909-11-T206-Drum-Cigarettes-Reprint-Unknown-Good-condition/273007579141?hash=item3f90851005:g:BEAAAOSwWLBaS-tl
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Fleer-Michael-Jordan-Rookie-Mint-In-screw-down-holder-Possible-PSA-10/272953201141?hash=item3f8d4751f5:g:PEoAAOSwrhhaGGGf
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-311-Mickey-Mantle-Yankees-HOF-True-Investment-Rookie-Type-1-card/272962728982?hash=item3f8dd8b416:g:bNsAAOSwH-daIKGA

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018 5:20AM

Anytime someone has graded cards of some junk and even grades PSA 1s of bigger cards, and then some high value cards just all happen to be ungraded, I am already 95% sure they are fake. Ebay allows this to happen even when they don't list them somewhere as unknown or reprint, but even when they identify it they still sell the card. I don't get how people can be this naive but it is what it is.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

What about the guy who bought his T206 Wagner that was b/o at 5K, and sent an offer of only $500 and it got accepted, then proceeded to leave negative feedback because it's fake.....here's your sign!

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    Anytime someone has graded cards of some junk and even grades PSA 1s of bigger cards, and then some high value cards just all happen to be ungraded, I am already 95% sure they are fake. Ebay allows this to happen even when they don't list them somewhere as unknown or reprint, but even when they identify it they still sell the card. I don't get how people can be this naive but it is what it is.

Plus remember eBay gets a cut of that sale and Paypal too, so why would eBay want to take away the "cash cow"? Okay, jk, but still, if it looks too good to be real, expect it to be bad...That Mantle is perfectly centered, I might think differently if the Mantle is way OC or something...

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Part of the problem with sellers like these are the buyers that buy from sellers like those. Sure, there are the gullible people who know nothing about cards that might occasionally fall into the web of deceit, but most of those people arent shelling out hundreds of dollars for a card either. The majority of the people who purchase these cards are people who think the SELLER is gullible and not informed and they think they are getting a 5k card for a couple of hundred. To me they are no better than the people who buy a vintage card for $50, send it to PSA thinking it will get a Mint 9 which would sell for $750 and then when it comes back a 7 or 8, leave the seller a neg because the seller didnt accurately represent the card even though full pictures were shown in the listing.

Dont get me wrong, the seller is complete scum and should be dealt with by ebay swiftly, but without the "make a quick buck" buyers, it wouldnt be worth the time

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you also have to blame the manufacturers that reprint some of these classics.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

@mtcards said:

Dont get me wrong, the seller is complete scum and should be dealt with by ebay swiftly.

Yes, and all of his shady listings are still there. I guess not enough people are reporting.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@swish54 said:
    What about the guy who bought his T206 Wagner that was b/o at 5K, and sent an offer of only $500 and it got accepted, then proceeded to leave negative feedback because it's fake.....here's your sign!

i know right LMAO

• Options
    BGS_BuyerBGS_Buyer Posts: 206 ✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018 6:38PM

@Cakes said:
    I think you also have to blame the manufacturers that reprint some of these classics.

we enjoy our PSA 10 graded Wagner
    how else could we ever own one ?