Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Found a pile of old baseball and hockey trading cards

Hi everyone, years and years ago i was working in a house that was foreclosed and looked in one of the closets and their was a decent size collection of old trading cards. Thinking nothing of it i took them and put them in my basement and earlier today i found them again in my basement and was surprised by how many there were. Now this is my question how do i go about sorting out which ones are of value or not, their are a lot so going one by one would take a while. Thanks

Comments

• StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Those look fairly new.....maybe within the last 10 years. Still be fun to go through them. I'm thinking firewood after you're done. Good luck.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are just going to have to set aside some time to go through them one by one.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭

If that is all you have (looks like around 1500 cards or less), that is about a 15 minute event for someone knowledgeable, probably less, to go through them and pull out any that might have value. You can tell by the color of the stacks that most of the cards are likely 90s or newer. Older card stacks would have a brownish look to them, as the paper stock was different.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.