Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sitting on an order because PSA isnt back to normal? Post em here let the community take a shot

We are all a bit frustrated with the current turnaround time and I'm sure all of us are sitting on a few cards waiting for times to get back to normal. Post some here and let the community take a crack at em.

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

7.5 or EOT....best guess

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • @PROMETHIUS88 said:
    7.5 or EOT....best guess

Why EOT? Not questioning your opinion I just want to know what you see that makes you think trimmed? (cards are single owner once thought lost so nobody has had access since late 60's)

@Matt0224 said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    7.5 or EOT....best guess

Why EOT? Not questioning your opinion I just want to know what you see that makes you think trimmed? (cards are single owner once thought lost so nobody has had access since late 60's)

It was my poor attempt at sarcasm after the issue with the Bench rookie! I honestly believe that card is somewhere between 7-8, just judging by the scan. 8 would be on a really, really good day, though.

• @PROMETHIUS88 said:

@Matt0224 said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    7.5 or EOT....best guess

It was my poor attempt at sarcasm after the issue with the Bench rookie! I honestly believe that card is somewhere between 7-8, just judging by the scan. 8 would be on a really, really good day, though.

ah you got me on that one. Yeah still waiting for johnny to come home so I can scan. I guess now I get some shipping delays too. oh well such is life

• or this absolute nightmare of a set the 69 Deckle Edge

That looks oc or mc to me but I could never tell the difference between a 10 and a 5 with this set. I'm sure there is someone on the boards that has experience with this set.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably a PSA 7 on the Tiger team card with a long shot at an 8. Hard to tell from the scan but the back right of the card looks to be dinged pretty good which might keep it from a shot at an 8. Deckle looks to be OC but really no clue with that set on grading.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Why are you sitting on an order? Sitting at home, sitting at Psa, who cares, gets done sooner by sitting at PSA.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • I agree with above. By the time you wait for PSA to get to normalcy, it could already be graded. And this might be the new normal. But back on topic I think the Tigers is a 7 and have no idea about the deckle.

• Hopefully it isn't the new norm. Eh if I am going to wait I'd rather the cards were with me not sitting at PSA waiting to be logged.. Purely psychological I know it doesn't make a difference really but if I pay for 5 day turn I would like to have a 5 day turn not 2 weeks waiting to be logged and 8 days to grade

69 Deckles areimpossible to find high grade. If I am not mistaken it has 5000+ subs 0 - 10's and only 50 - 9's for the whole set

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Put me in the camp that the wait times are the new norm. I just don't see volume slowing to the point that will allow them to catch up.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

What I don't understand is why are they so busy?? What has happened that has created that?
    I don't think that card grading has gotten so much more popular in the last year or so. It is something else.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I think someone submitted one million Pokemon cards.....

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

@wrestlingcardking said:

Seriously?

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Maybe they'll hire a few (more) (competent) graders? I'd rather have my cards in line at psa, than collecting dust on my submission table. I can say the lines for in person submissions have been ridiculous at the shows I've been to. It seems like more people are learning about grading and submitting, rather than bulk and long time submitters ramping up, at least at the shows.

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I think the new $59 membership with no free gradings will eventually get a lot of the casual collectors involved in sending in their cards.

• PmanFLPmanFL Posts: 100
    edited January 14, 2018 8:19AM

I’ve worked in the mortgage industry underwriting department during backlogs and building moves. We always made up time on the weekends to get caught up as the customer always came first. This huge multi week long backlog could be drastically reduced with a few solid weekends of catch-up. IMO

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a few subs sitting at PSA but I'll play.

• @ReggieCleveland said:

Good centering tough on that year. Corners look solid. Edges ok. 9

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2018 10:45AM

@wrestlingcardking said:

Damn you, Pikachu! ;)

@PmanFL said:
    I’ve worked in the mortgage industry underwriting department during backlogs and building moves. We always made up time on the weekends to get caught up as the customer always came first. This huge multi week long backlog could be drastically reduced with a few solid weekends of catch-up. IMO

To be fair that could already be happening and we just don't know or hear about it. I've had a couple of my more recent submissions get signed for on a saturday. For all we know they might have some graders there on saturdays trying to get caught up.

• Good point

• Matt0224Matt0224 Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm am a big fan of the '69 AllStar Cards.. thoughts on Johnny

I'll say 6 on the Bench.

Arthur

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

That Bonds looks solid. I’m assuming the snow is on the scanner? Top left and bottom right corners are slightly rounded, but because they came out of “cellophane bricks”, it happens, and I’ve made 10’s with corners like that. Outside chance of a 10 on that card.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Outside chance of a 10 on that card.

Yep, was originally thinking 8 due to corners, but looks like they allow for rounded corners in PSA 10 on that set.

Yeah, the corners aren't actually rounded it's just that they're slightly curled backward so they appear rounded when you look at it directly as in a scan. A perfect example is the '89 Donruss Rookies Ken Griffey Jr card. You'll find a ton of 10s that have what appear to be rounded corners in a scan that are actually razor sharp in-person. The Bonds corners are like that. They're all perfectly sharp in-person.

That being said, I think the edges keep it from a 10. And yeah, all the crazy hoodah and snow is from the scanner. I really need to stop taking my scanner on picnics in the park.

Arthur

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I’ve noticed that a lot of the 1980’s Donruss sets that came in the bricks, PSA is lenient on the corners due to the packaging. Or should I say appear rounded, but look better in person. I ran into that issue a lot when I was building my 86 Donruss Highlights set. At first, I didn’t know whether to submit with corners like that, but once scouring eBay and seeing many cards in 10 holders with corners that looked similar, it alleviated all my concerns. I don’t think it effects eye appeal at all..

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

@ReggieCleveland said:

Grades popped. Bonds came back a 10.

Arthur