Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

O-Pee-Chee Player Runs

JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it would be fun to see other OPC player runs that members have. Here is what I have so far for my Johnny Bench run. Lets see some more OPC player runs!!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea for a thread. I'll try to get my near complete raw Rose run scanned tomorrow, and hopefully an upgrade for Larkin will be in the mailbox to do that one also.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    Great idea for a thread. I'll try to get my near complete raw Rose run scanned tomorrow, and hopefully an upgrade for Larkin will be in the mailbox to do that one also.

Looking forward to seeing them.

• Options

Oh wow, love this idea great looking cards!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a cool idea!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

@DavidPuddy said:

Wow that is a spectacular run of Al Oliver. How long did it take you to finish? Thanks for sharing.

• Options

I've probably been putting my Master Set together since 2009.
    I just remembered I'm missing the 83.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

Great Al Oliver collection! I don't collect his graded stuff but have been slowly putting a binder of his cards together for years, love Scoop.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Love, love, love OPC baseball. Keep em coming!

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

That '73 Bench! That is absolutely a stunner! I'd resub that bad boy. It looks like at LEAST a 9 to me.

• Options

@stevegarveyfan said:
    That '73 Bench! That is absolutely a stunner! I'd resub that bad boy. It looks like at LEAST a 9 to me.

Thanks. It is on my list of cards to send in for review.

• Options

I'm gaga over O-Pee-Chee cards. Love 'em!

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

amazing run of garveys...esp since he's my childhood favorite.....how long to put that collection together?
    congrats again

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options

Strong Garvey's!

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I don't do baseball and I am just starting hockey so no real runs to speak of yet, but a question. That 1979 Johnny Bench in the op seems super ragged. I know raggedness is an OPC Hallmark but are they all that ragged in that time period? I don't mind the raggedness, it gives the OPCs more character to me.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

I just want the OPC Ryne Sandberg RC, nothing else.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tip my cap to all of those collections. To the OP, that '69 Bench is out of this world. If, for any reason, you find yourself in the unenviable position of needing to sell, I am indeed your Huckleberry. That card makes me wanna shoop.

Arthur

• Options

Wow! Beautiful Clemente collection!

• Options

@Frozencaribou said:
    Great cards! the 1979's are pretty ragged in general, but depending on when the cards were cut they could have less rough edges based on the sharpness of the wires used in the cutting process. Hockey guys have lots of theories about how OPC cards were cut, and by whom. Some of the hockey vending from the early 70's with smooth edges (1969-70 OPC second series, 1973-74) is rumored to have been cut in the States and distributed there. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case for baseball.

Also, why can't PSA create OPC player sets? I would love to have a registry set for my Clemente cards but am not going to create a master set to do it.

I'm missing the '68 and '71 OPC Clemente's, but I'm still young(ish) and have time on my side. If anyone out there has a card that would upgrade my Clemente's please shoot me a message.

Great looking Clemente run you have going. Good luck hunting down the 68 and 71. I agree with you about PSA creating OPC player sets.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 65 Clemente is my all time favorite Clemente card. That's a nice one you've got.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

awesome collections...i didnt know this niche existed...opc still producing or when did they stop?

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2018 11:32AM

Not as complete as I recalled on the Rose and definitely not as impressive as any of the runs above. Missing 65, 66, both 70s, both 74s, 75 MVP, 79, 81 & all 82s. There's a 73 around here somewhere according to my spreadsheet, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. Collected back in simpler times when I cared much less about centering and overall condition. Thanks for giving me an excuse to dig these out and go through my attempt at doing a raw Rose Master when I returned to the hobby in 2011!

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Love the rare Oliver cards. Nice

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

Nice Cards!
    What in the world am I missing on that 76 Garvey? It looks 9.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

Had to improvise, since I don't have base 83, or 84. Simmons didn't have an 86, 87, or 88 OPC.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great J.R. Richards cards. My favorite is his 1980 card. Classic pitcher pose with those bright Astro's uni's from the late 70's.

• Options

Great player collections DavidPuddy.

• Options

@DavidPuddy said:
    Nice Cards!
    What in the world am I missing on that 76 Garvey? It looks 9.

Yes, it looks very nice, but in hand there is some damage to the right edge that doesn't show up in the scan.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulled this one from a pack and self-submitted it to PSA years ago. I have a 79 OPC Ozzie RC in PSA 8, also, that I have to scan.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭

the 73 opc Clemente is a bear to find with decent centering.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 73 OPC Clemente is so tough to find centered. One of those cards that, because of old OPC uncut sheets that float around in the hobby, would make you question any perfectly centered Clemente from that year. I really am surprised that my 8 has the l/r tolerance for the grade, but I'll take it.

• Options

Was waiting on two new purchases to arrive before posting my current Larkin run ...

Still need an 89

90 is a Pop 1, just arrived today.

Need to add the All-Star to go with this one and 92-94

I think these are the only two from Premier of Larkin

A lot of work to do on the 1988/1989 sticker front, just got this one in today also

• Options

Nice Larkin OPC run you have going. Congrats on the 90 (POP 1)