Home Sports Talk
Options

Ga - Alabama game

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the halftime score of 13-0 Georgia, and the end of the 3rd qtr score of 20-10 Georgia, it appeared to me it was obviously Georgia's game to lose.

My observation was that Georgia (known for it's running game), relied too heavily on just that. Clearly, the Tide was focused on this and pretty much shut down Georgia. I was surprised to see them go to the middle time and time again, only to pick up a small gain, which eventually put them into 3rd and long, forcing passes that didn't work, then the punt. If the Georgia qb was capable of tossing an 80 yard TD pass, why didn't they rely more heavily on passing earlier on 1st down, instead of the continuing failure of their running game. With the score heavily in their favor at 20-10 and just 15 minutes to go, a Ga TD would more than likely have sealed the deal.

I think the refs missed a few calls that could have gone Georgia's way, but didn't.

Absolutely brilliant that Saban put the freshman qb in the game...THAT was truly a game changer!

Although I live very near Athens, GA, home of the dawgs, I think their Offensive Coord missed the mark! Some people here are still in mourning and disbelief.

Congrats Alabama.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2018 2:10PM

Bottom line, if you let a team like Alabama hang around you will regret it.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2018 2:36PM

Speaking about the refs, they were from the B1G Conference. The speed of our game was probably too much for them, they just aren't used to it.... ;)

Georgia is good and they will be hungry next year. I expect them to win the East next year and play Bama again.
    We need DB's and a kicker, we're good to go on offense.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2018 3:45PM

Damn you Bullsitter. I was laying in wait for our friend on the speed of the game being too much for the B1G crew if he used them as an excuse for Bamas victory.

Great game.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

If you get a chance go back and watch "Coaches view " of the game..Learned a lot listening to Cutclif, Bobo, Gundy and 3 other coaches. They made the point that normally the game refs during the week attend practice to get familiar with both teams.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alabama changing qb's was not in Georgias defensive game plan.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2018 1:30AM

Phony championship game. Two sec teams the best? BAHHAAAAHAAAAA

I still think Kirby should hand over SECCG Trophy ,being they avoided Bama in winning it lol

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED