Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Near mint 1896 o Morgan silver dollar $2500

lubu360lubu360 Posts: 4
edited January 11, 2018 8:33AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Iam selling a near mint 1896 O Morgan Silver dollar for 2500, the coin is in a very good condition and is perfect for a collector. There were a limited number of the O Morgan silver dollars made this year so it is a rare coin.

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics just might be necessary........and a ton of references. And a lot more info.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

Im going to upload photos in the morning

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

My post is going to look silly in a few years when Bitcoin is trading at $50 or $5 million.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even 1/200th of 1 bitcoin would be too much for that Morgan, sorry to say. But would be a good place to start your asking.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@david3142 said:
    My post is going to look silly in a few years when Bitcoin is trading at $50 or $5 million.

Or -0-

:o

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

lubu be fishin

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

From 1000 Bitcoins to $2500 ... now that's a fire sale ;)

So you are aware ... the current PCGS price guide for a PCGS certified 1896-O in "near mint" condition (i.e., AU condition) is under $500. Not that you can't ask whatever you wish, however. Good luck with your sale. [Disclosure ... I am NOT interested in purchasing the coin.]

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2018 9:31AM

sorry, but your coin is XF at best. PCGS graded coins at XF45 are available for $65-75 on ebay right now.
    Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1896-O-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-PCGS-XF45/332507499895?hash=item4d6afdcd77:g:r0UAAOSw8GhZiK6v

Welcome and don't be upset as our responses might seem harsh but they are not intended to harm. Just that honesty can be brutal when it comes to coins and grading.

Welcome by the way! Stay and learn, lots of experts on this forum.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Im still learning the whole coin business

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Find a local coin club or coin dealer to get aquatinted with the hobby. We were all

• Options

Sorry hit the post key in error. Anyway, we were all new to numismatics at one time or another. A local source of knowledge will accelerate your learning and probably increase your interest
    Good luck

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

96-O's tend to be badly struck and mushy, and if the luster is good that coin might make AU50. That would still make it a $100-ish coin, nothing close to the asking price here.

mirabela
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it's been around the blocks a few time...

• Options

She probably spent time at a couple Marcus Gras.

• Options

Damn spell check. Mardis Gras of course

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2018 5:17PM

@astrorat said:
    From 1000 Bitcoins to $2500 ... now that's a fire sale ;)

So you are aware ... the current PCGS price guide for a PCGS certified 1896-O in "near mint" condition (i.e., AU condition) is under $500. Not that you can't ask whatever you wish, however. Good luck with your sale. [Disclosure ... I am NOT interested in purchasing the coin.]

I was going to cash in my 1000 bit coins and do the sale! [ Disclosure ... If I had 1000 bit coins I would be on a secluded island somewhere warm.]