Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards/Holders with spacers

I saw many cards with these early in the days here below. If you look directly next to the black print line there is a tiny spacer “scotch tape” barely visible right at the corner. The same thing is on the Bird corner top left. Got it reholdered and still there. They are on the card. Am I delusional? Do I care? Anyone ever see or remember these?

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2018 5:03PM

I swear I have had those on freshly graded cards recently. I am not sure what in the heck they are, but I actually thought it was part of the case, not a piece of tape...? I will see if I can find one if it is an unusual thing.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I’m totally missing what I’m supposed to be looking at here. Don’t flame me...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting. I looked through a few dozen cards and I first found one on a bird magic rc as well. PSA 7 (two of them on the card)

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Exactly what I am referring to!!
    Tried taking another picture as well. Best I can do below. Looks like a micro sponge and not scotch tape. Must slide in the holder? I have never seen one with a baggie. I’m so confused

@secretstash said:
    Interesting. I looked through a few dozen cards and I first found one on a bird magic rc as well. PSA 7 (two of them on the card)