Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Horace Clarke PSA 8 "Now at $112.50"

Well I never thought there was anyone nuttier than me on some 1969 bids. Carom has out done me. He's tough on some of the real tough commons.

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Bob,

Has he posted his 69 set on the registry yet? I've seen the name on eBay but I didn't recognize it.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Whew, I'm glad I got that one through my own submissions. But it makes me worry about the other low pop commons I need to upgrade. When I started this set 15 years ago, I thought the Reggie RC, Ryan and Mantle would be the big ticket cards in the set. When I obtained those, I thought the hard part was over. I never thought no names like Satriano and Shannon could approach the costs of the big stars. Strange how this industry changes over the years.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    That is what the joy of the Pop report does to set collecting. The naturally you have the dealer's using it to inflate prices as well.

Lately I have been collecting vintage FB cards, and who would have thought that low pop commons are sometimes selling for as much as Rockne or Grange cards...

I know of a dealer right now. He shall remain nameless at this point. He has a PSA-8 common from a FB set. This card has a pop of 1. The SMR on the card is $140. His list price for the card $795. About a month ago, I offered the guy double SMR for the card, which would have been $280, and he turned me down. If you ask me that is just sheer greed.

Just my humble opinion.

Rob
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    robr,

Luckily, the population can only go up. The dealer is taking a huge chance by holding the card. I think your patience will pay off in the long run.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭