Tennessee Titans +10,000

NFC:
Minnesota Vikings +375
New Orleans Saints +750
Los Angeles Rams +750
Philadelphia Eagles +1,200
Atlanta Falcons +1,600
Carolina Panthers +2,500

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dave99B said:

New Orleans Saints +750

yes please

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Rams out of the NFC.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

On Sports Talk radio in the SF Bay Area hard core 49rs fans are so amped up over Jimmy Garrapolo and his leading the team to 5 wins in a row to end the 2017 season that some of them are predicting that SF will make it to the Superbowl next year.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foles could light it up. I'll take Philly!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    On Sports Talk radio in the SF Bay Area hard core 49rs fans are so amped up over Jimmy Garrapolo and his leading the team to 5 wins in a row to end the 2017 season that some of them are predicting that SF will make it to the Superbowl next year.

Are they a lock to resign him?

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

The talking heads and call in fans seem to think so.

The talking heads opine that the team has a boatload of cap space and that it should sign JG to a long term deal with a massive signing bonus up front that will apply against the 2018 cap space, leaving the team with cap space flexibility in 2019 and beyond [I know nothing about salary caps]. The amount of the deal the team should offer JG is between David Carr money ($125 million) and Matthew Stafford money ($150 million?) with upwards of $60 million up front as a signing bonus and at least a 5 year term.

Would JG and his agent agree to the above? Who knows.

Jimmy G and tom Brady have the same agent. I always wondered how that affected the way things played out here in NE

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patriots with the huge screwup getting rid of Garrappalo when Brady is 40 years old.
    And apparently Belechek knew it but the owner made him do it.
    Looks like Brady and Kraft are running the team.LOL.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

we are spoiled in new england on the radio today they said we have had a decent quarterback for about 25 years. Its been a hell of a run , it could be its time for it to end and maybe this is just the way it ends. Clash of egos .

Reading the piece it puts Brady it a bad light and Bill gets off pretty easy. Probably means the the "unnamed" sources are on Bill's side. Bill has a big ego and he is kind of a douchebag. Brady is kind of weird and douchey too , sort of a sports version of sheldon cooper , so I mean its not surprising there would be friction.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just win

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a Pats/Minn. SB with Pats winning and increasing Brady's already of the charts records of records. He could end up so far ahead of everyone else that his records are never broken. I know you are never supposed to say never, but......if he ended up with 10 SB appearance's and 7 wins.........................

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dimeman, I'm with you on the NE/MIN Super Bowl.

In fact, the final score will be NE 23, MIN 16.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

I'm a NE guy but wouldn't cry too much if the Vikings won it all

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

My pick is the Steelers over Minnesota. Not a rout but not all that close. Something like 34-17.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the year the Vikings FINALLY win the big game!

Their defense is VERY good, offense is (hopefully) good enough.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like a "New"/ "New" SB. With either "New" winning.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

I don't think there are any teams left that haven't been to a SB......several no winners.

@DIMEMAN said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

I don't think there are any teams left that haven't been to a SB......several no winners.

I should of clarified my pick. What I meant by a "New/New" SB was New Orleans vs. New England. With either "New" (Orleans,Patriots) team being the SB winner. I'll go with the Pats.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

I should of clarified my pick. What I meant by a "New/New" SB was New Orleans vs. New England. With either "New" (Orleans,Patriots) team being the SB winner. I'll go with the Pats.

Got ya. That would be two All Time Great QB's going at each other for sure.

• lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Jacksonville has never gone to a Superbowl.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Vikings!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2018 8:26AM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

It seems like you forgot to add "England Patriots" after New ;)

edit: I should probably finish reading ALL of the comments before adding my own next time lol

@erikthredd said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

It seems like you forgot to add "England Patriots" after New ;)

edit: I should probably finish reading ALL of the comments before adding my own next time lol

Quite alright. I've done it myself. :)

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

One game at a time. I've seen too many games with high expectations that ended in shock.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

you're kidding, right??

@keets said:

you're kidding, right??

Sorry...I thought the Jags had been to one and lost.

Tennessee?

m

@Justacommeman said:
    Tennessee?

m

Titans lost to Kurt Warner's Rams in the SB

edited January 13, 2018 5:54PM

@erikthredd said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Tennessee?

m

Titans lost to Kurt Warner's Rams in the SB

Thanks. I was too lazy to look it up and obviously had a brain cramp

m

if i see one more d-back drop a facile pick i'm going to lose my marbles. Keanu Neal acted like he had never caught a football in his life at the end of the first half.

right on cue, it drastically altered the complexion of the game come 4th quarter time and now he and his cohorts are setting up monday tee times.

and no, i did not have any coin on that game..........some of the miscues just drive me to drink

@galaxy27 said:
    if i see one more d-back drop a facile pick i'm going to lose my marbles. Keanu Neal acted like he had never caught a football in his life at the end of the first half.

right on cue, it drastically altered the complexion of the game come 4th quarter time and now he and his cohorts are setting up monday tee times.

and no, i did not have any coin on that game..........some of the miscues just drive me to drink

How about the PI that wasn't called on the last play for Atlanta! That was worse than a mugging.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

JAX looking really good at 22-1!

Dave

Between all of the predictions from Mike Tomlin,Mike Mitchell and Le'veon Bell, you'd think someone in that organization would walk into the Steelers locker room telling everyone to stop talking for once. the Jags-Pats game next week looks like its gonna be a great game.

Seeing the Steelers lose was the most enjoyable time I have had in quite a while.

The Pats had better take the Jags serious. :)B)

Not kicking off late in 4th after Pitt had closed to within 7 was a bad decision by Tomlin.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Tomlin is a highly overrated coach. Not only was the onside kick a bad decision, but those two 4th-and-short calls were absolutely atrocious. I honestly wonder if sneaking his 240-lb quarterback even entered his mind.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Starting to look like the Pats aren't going to have any legitimate competition all the way to the Lombardi Trophy.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@DIMEMAN said:
    Seeing the Steelers lose was the most enjoyable time I have had in quite a while.

The Pats had better take the Jags serious. :)B)

Belichick & Brady take every team serious.

@Brick said:
    Starting to look like the Pats aren't going to have any legitimate competition all the way to the Lombardi Trophy.

I don't know what games you've been watching but the Jags,Eagles & Vikings are all legit competition for anyone right now not just the Pats.

not to mention, if the Vikes make the SB it's going to be a quasi-home game

edited January 14, 2018 4:03PM

@galaxy27 said:
    Tomlin is a highly overrated coach. Not only was the onside kick a bad decision, but those two 4th-and-short calls were absolutely atrocious. I honestly wonder if sneaking his 240-lb quarterback even entered his mind.

Did Roethlisberger audible the second 4th and 1? From his body language and position prior to the snap, it sure looked like he was going to sneak it, but then he dropped back to pass.

Ben played a terrific game but Pitt D was godawful.

@grote15 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Did Roethlisberger audible the second 4th and 1? From his body language and position prior to the snap, it sure looked like he was going to sneak it, but then he dropped back to pass.

Ben played a terrific game but Pitt D was godawful.

The Jag D was only 3 points better. ;)

WOW! that ending to the Saints-Vikings game was incredible.

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    WOW! that ending to the Saints-Vikings game was incredible.

That will haunt NO for a while

edited January 14, 2018 6:23PM

The Saints comeback was amazing in itself. Now the Vikings are one road win away from playing the SB at home.

edit: That Saints defender Williams took a dive under that WR rather than try to prevent the play. Don't know what he was thinking there

edited January 14, 2018 6:30PM

Unbelievable finish!

Don't know what the Saints DB was thinking~Jimmy Johnson said it was because he didn't want to draw a PI penalty, but you can't let Diggs get past you like that, though I suppose a FG there would have had the same effect, just not as dramatic. That said, had he tackled Diggs time would have run out. Tough loss any way you look at it.

He could have at least gone up for the ball as well to attempt a breakup. Even had Diggs still caught it the kicker would have to make the kick when he already missed one earlier.
    There's gonna be two great games next sunday.

can you imagine turning around and seeing Diggs sprint into the end zone after making one of the worst plays in the history of pro football? 43 may need professional help before it's all said and done

feel beyond terrible for DB, but i'm overjoyed for Keenum (from my hometown)

edited January 14, 2018 6:45PM

@erikthredd said:
    He could have at least gone up for the ball as well to attempt a breakup. Even had Diggs still caught it the kicker would have to make the kick when he already missed one earlier.

Time would have run out if Diggs caught it as I don't believe he could have gotten out of bounds before the tackle. I think he was so concerned with drawing the penalty, he gave himself up, with disastrous results.

@grote15 said:

@erikthredd said:

Time would have run out if Diggs caught it as I don't believe he could have gotten out of bounds before the tackle. I think he was so concerned with drawing the penalty, he became Bill Buckner .

gonna be a loooong offseason for that kid now. Its too bad i was hoping for a Brady vs Brees SB.