Home U.S. Coin Forum

My HK-366a, ain't! I need a real one!

I'm looking for a real 1909 Alaska-Yukon Pacific Expo. HK-366a SCD in Au+ condition. The medal I thought was this is unlisted SCD #72 on Unlisted So-Called Dollars site and (HAPPILY) not a listed medal:
http://www.socalleddollar.com/abWorldsFairs.html

I have money and/or other So-Called Dollars or Comm. Half Dollars to trade.

Comments

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2018 9:51AM

For comparison, here's HK-364 (aka John Raymond, "JR-72") from Raymond’s website. HK-364 is in HK 1st edition but not HK 2nd edition. HK-366a is 33mm.

HK-364, 32.1mm

72) This piece is evidently listed in the first edition of HK as HK364(but with no actual image of the obverse). It is not listed in the second edition. This piece and the one above both measure 32.1 mm, so technically both are too small for inclusion as so called dollars. But the original authors of HK included HK353, so I guess these also need to be let in(See what happens when you open the barn door, even a crack? In this case we let one in, and in walk two others. This is why I am pretty adamant about not allowing any piece in as a so called dollar that is below an absolute minimum of 32.6mm - rounded up equaling 33mm). A US mint product? Rare(read #71 above). Gilt, 32.1 mm in diameter as is HK353.

• 1patwick1patwick Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the picture @Zoins, my picture transfer fizzled into the small rectangle under the address.

• THOMAS655THOMAS655 Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

Above are pictures of my HK-366a graded MS 62 by NGC.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where'd Seward go? He was there a minute ago.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Can you reach out to me please, I’m a new user and recently moved from the Seattle area to Arkansas, I have in possession my father in laws coin collection as he passed late 2021, I believe I have a HK-361 Taft SCD coin and am looking at some more info as it is hard to find good info on this coin, thank you

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another difference between the HK366 and HK366a is the reverse of the HK366 has 10 flags and the HK366a has 14 flags with the 7th left flag actually touches the roof, along with the lettering size difference and the doorway differences. So If the obverse rays are discernable, the reverse contains more diagnostics. JMO
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • 1patwick1patwick Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

@Beau61 said:
    Can you reach out to me please, I’m a new user and recently moved from the Seattle area to Arkansas, I have in possession my father in laws coin collection as he passed late 2021, I believe I have a HK-361 Taft SCD coin and am looking at some more info as it is hard to find good info on this coin, thank you

Hello @Beau61
    Reach me at, axelulen@gmail.com

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beau61 said:
    Can you reach out to me please, I’m a new user and recently moved from the Seattle area to Arkansas, I have in possession my father in laws coin collection as he passed late 2021, I believe I have a HK-361 Taft SCD coin and am looking at some more info as it is hard to find good info on this coin, thank you

Sorry about the loss of your father in law.
    Might I suggest that you start a new thread and if possible, include photos of your coin in question?
    There are indeed many very knowledgeable members here that might be able to help.
    Welcome to the forum!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file