Home Sports Talk
Options

Anybody else watching the PDC World Darts Championship finals tomorrow?

cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 31, 2017 10:31PM in Sports Talk

I doubt it, but I wanted to throw it out there in case you might all be footballed out.

2 PM CT live on BBC America.

Legend Phil Taylor's final match, going for his 17th world championship vs brilliant newcomer Rob Cross who in 10 months on tour has rocketed up to #6 in the world. Cross will be #3 if he beats Taylor who is retiring after this tournament.

It should be an outstanding final as Cross beat current world #1 and defending World Champion Michael van Gerwen 6 sets to 5 in a match for the ages in the semifinals on Friday.

Check it out. It is held at the Alexandra Palace in London and the crowd in their costumes is something to see. Darts at the highest level now in HD is a really fun and great sport to watch.

Jeff

To add - This is streamed live on bbcamerica.com if you don't get that channel. And I will guarantee that anybody that watches this will enjoy it. These guys pepper the triple 20's like nobody's business. There will be lots of 180's and the atmosphere is 2nd to none.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

was something about this on the news the other day a guy was coughing while the other guy threw and got fined or something :#

• Options

Justin Pipe.

• Options

Cross leads 2 sets to nil in a race to 7.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cecropiamoth said:

I should have watched darts instead

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@cecropiamoth said:

m

I heard about Michigan. Sorry about that, really wanted to see the B1G sweep through their bowl games. But both of our college teams have a nice future!

Newcomer Rob Cross beat Phil Taylor 7 sets to 2. It was a beating. Taylor retires, missing out on winning his 17th World Championship. Cross is brilliant, he didn't even have a tour card at this time last year. He rockets up to world #3 in 11 months based on the 400,000 pounds he won today.

Jeff

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cecropiamoth said:

@Justacommeman said:

@cecropiamoth said:

m

I heard about Michigan. Sorry about that, really wanted to see the B1G sweep through their bowl games. But both of our college teams have a nice future!

Newcomer Rob Cross beat Phil Taylor 7 sets to 2. It was a beating. Taylor retires, missing out on winning his 17th World Championship. Cross is brilliant, he didn't even have a tour card at this time last year. He rockets up to world #3 in 11 months based on the 400,000 pounds he won today.

Jeff

No worries. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Happy New Year!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......