Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1962 Topps Civil War News

Just cam across a complete set of these that look like they were pull from packs yesterday. I've heard of them but had no clue about the prices in high grade. It's an interesting set with what appears to be, centering issues. I'm pretty sure I have a handful of cards that will garner straight 9's and many, many more that would get 9oc if submitted. I guess my question is, for anyone out there that is collecting these, would it be better to let these cards get the qualifiers or ask for nq and possibly get 7's?? Thanks!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options

I would request "no qualifiers" if I knew the card was going to grade a Psa 9oc.
    I'd prefer a straight Psa 7.
    But I would prefer a Psa 8oc over a straight Psa 6.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a real tough call. There are some cards with rough edges and I think the problem I'm going to encounter is going to be the centering on the reverse. I'm sending in 32 cards from the set to be graded in a bulk sub so I guess I'll find out how they are grading them. After that I will submit the rest and ask for no qualifiers. I'm worried about the ones that are centered on the front but could be considered miscut on the reverse.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com