Home Q & A Forum
Options

Magnification

What magnification system would you recommend. I have bad vision. For around $100?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you got me! Magnification is the "great equalizer" but if you cannot see anyway....? Need more info. Can you see the surface of a coin sharply? What do you use now?

• Options

I use manly a jewelers loupe. I became lost in it see things that are not there Like double die so on. Would like something i could connect to a pc or lap top for a larger pic

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeweler's loupes are good for watchmakers and jewelers but not for coins. There are several miniature microscopes that connect to computers listed on Amazon. Check for the reviews others leave to get a good one. I don't use these so I will be of no help. I use a stereo microscope and both eyes. :)

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious too. Would be nice to have magnified digital video to PC.

Could anyone recommend a good loupe as well? Nice to have something at coin shows, auctions etc. when the computer is not available. I was going to start a thread but saw this one so figured it best to ask here. Thanks

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Bausch & lomb 7x Loupe. Very nice and clear. I also do watch repairs and I have a Donovan Visor that comes in handy also. For microscope pictures, I have a celestron digital microscope. Works pretty good also.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    I have a Bausch & lomb 7x Loupe. Very nice and clear. I also do watch repairs and I have a Donovan Visor that comes in handy also. For microscope pictures, I have a celestron digital microscope. Works pretty good also.

Nice, thanks for the info.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.