Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

eBay and shipping to FPO Questions?

bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Was contacted by a potential buyer stationed in Japan and he asked me about send to a FPO
address. Going to mail first class or priority mail Is there any differentness in shipping cost to
FPO's what about is it still free do the have tracking and can I get insurance on the package?

Any help would be welcomed.

James

Comments

• bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2017 6:25PM

Nobody here every ship to an international FPO address before?
    James

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

The rates are the same as for any non-APO/FPO address. You are paying for the USPS to ship to the FPO/APO port (Seattle, San Francisco, Miami, New York), and then the military postal system takes it the rest of the way.

Steve

• bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Is there tracking all the way?
    James

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bighurt2000 said:
    Is there tracking all the way?
    James

I'm not sure about the intermediate tracking after the USPS hands it over to the military at the port, but you should be able to see when it is delivered to the recipient.

Steve

• FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Some dealers used to think FPO/APO addresses were different planets.

• SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

It gets tracked to the US point of departure and then doesn’t show up on the radar until the member signs for it at the mail room. Doesn’t cost anymore to ship it than anywhere else in US. Insurance should work the same. The main difference is you have to fill out a customs form declaring what is in the box. I’ve had 50+ boxes delivered to my APO and have had no problems.