Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thank You NGS428! I got my Epson 600V and his Guide is a total winner! See Examples...

NGS428, thank you very much for posting your graded card scanner guide on the forum earlier this month https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11872072. I have struggled for years to find the correct brand/make/model of scanner...and the correct settings...to produce high performing scans that look as close to as the "real thing in your hand). As soon as I read his thread, I reached out directly to NGS428 to ask some follow on questions. He gave me additional advice and recommendations on how to find the right scanning machine for cheap (used, ebay). A few days later, I won an auction at a great price...now my Epson 600V is up and running...and applying the recommendations in NGS428's settings and how to guide...below are the results...amazing!

Vintage Example: PSA 7 1957 Topps Bill Russel Rookie Card (before and after).

Old (Yuck)

Epson 600V w/ NGS428's settings applied

Modern Example: MJ rookie (no before and after just after).

Modern Example: BGS 9.5 Lindsey Vonn Auto Card (no before and after just after).

Modern Example: BGS 9.5 Gretzky Auto...all of the hair like marks are inside of the case on the sleeve...(only an after pic).

Modern Example: PSA 9 MJ Refractor.

One of my biggest pet peves on ebay are sellers posting poor quality scans or pics of super high value cards...and then getting upset when a buyer asks for better pics. Due to NGS428's help, acting as a seller, I won't have to ever worry about that.

I love the CU forums community...many folks like NGS428 are willing to help out others they have never met. THANK YOU, SIR!

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Night and day. You are about to experience a new problem. You'll scan a card look at the image and be like "damn finger print on the holder" or "dust again?" or "wow I should send that one in for a reholder with all the scratches on the case". Nice Wayne by the way. Hair and all! ;)

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends

Your scans are like looking great! Nice work on the cropping and the straightness. Kind of a pain, but worth it in the end.

Thanks for the kind words. I spent a lot of time trying to find out what works, so the guide was a way to capture and share it.

Working on a similar guide for PSA labels right now. Hope to get that out within the week.

Thanks for posting your results too. I would like to see more from other too.

Gotta finish my post with some Jr...

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    Night and day. You are about to experience a new problem. You'll scan a card look at the image and be like "damn finger print on the holder" or "dust again?" or "wow I should send that one in for a reholder with all the scratches on the case". Nice Wayne by the way. Hair and all! ;)

Kevin

See section 4.2 of the guide. :)

Yes, I hear ya about the scratches on the cases. Even new ones from PSA...