Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Happy New Year ROLL CALL - If you haven't posted in a long time? Please drop by here and say hi!

I've missed some of you who I believe still read but not as active in the hobby?

I just saw Stingray aka Kirk post and Blackie aka Rob is back.

Where's our good buddy Winpitcher?

So, please take the time to drop by and say hi!

Happy New Year!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Mike,

Donato here. Present and accounted for.

Happy New Year To All!!!

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

hello

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Chughs. Hi, hello, how are ya? welcome. :)
    Isn't Winpitcher on the sidelines or am I thinking of someone else?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:

That would be Steve alright, Ralph - Happy New Year buddy.

Mike
  • Options

@Chughes1 said:
    hello

Welcome buddy - Happy New Year

I'm looking for guys who've been abducted by aliens but newcomers? More than welcome!

What's your first name?

What do you collect/how long?

Mike
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've been off and on the boards for awhile but try to check in to see what's up. Been busy taking care of my dad and I got a new left hip in October so life is busy. Happy New Year and thanks for the card escape every so often. Doug

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Heya Mike,
    I'm around from time to time. Anyone hear from Lee (CDs) lately?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

Good to see both of you, David and Doug.

Mike
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always around. Lurking, but spending more time on the coin forums...

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    I'm always around. Lurking, but spending more time on the coin forums...

Good to see you Paul - Happy New Year buddy!

Mike
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry I haven't been here nearly as often as I've used to...but while we're on the subject of New Years, my resolution is that I want to learn Japanese so I can play JP-only retro video games (especially NES/Famicom and SNES/Super Famicom games).

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

Joined in 2005--long time ago now--though I was never a prolific poster. There is no doubt things have slowed on the boards in the past couple of years--it used to be nightly reading for me back 5-10 years ago.

And for the person who asked......I ran into Boopotts recently and he assured me CDNuts (Lee) is alive and well.

All the best in 2018 to all board members.

Eyebone

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see some of the older guys here. Joined in 05’ as well, but the last few years I’ve been more active on the Precious Metals forum. Thinking of getting back into cards on a limited basis, but haven’t figured out at what capacity.
    Happy New Year to all!!!

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've used the holidays to rest and to catch up on the activities here on the forum. Love to see the hockey threads, especially considering some of the older hockey guys aren't posting. I'm even getting my first submission in two years together tonight. It's a PSA-themed holiday for me.

-Nathanael

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year everyone! I look forward to visiting this site daily and keeping up to speed on our hobby we love. I hope to meet some of you soon at a National...some real nice people on here!

Monte

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Not sure what defines a long time, I drop by every so often, but for the sake of argument, let's say it has been forever :) I read some of you guys mention what year you joined and that was when I noticed it is not in the avatar section anymore. I think I joined July of 2006, but I wouldn't swear to that. I have been on a few times since the change, but I gotta say, I'm not the world's biggest fan of this set up.

I had the pleasure of meeting you at one of the Nationals Mike ( Stone193 ), but I'm ashamed to say I can't remember which one it was. Had to be either Cleveland 2014 or Chicago 2015. Those are the only ones I have made it to so far.

Other than holidays, I have been working 6 day/wk. since October 2016, I am about ready to volunteer to be an anti freeze taste tester :'( I have, at least, picked up some decent wax and a gun or two along the way. And I have brow beat the wife into letting me build a man cave/card room in the basement this spring B) She is only giving me a corner that the staircase cut off from the rest of the basement. It will be, what's the word I'm looking for..... small, no that's not it.... "cozy".... that's it :p

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

@Brick said:

RALPH!! How the heck have you been? I don't believe we have chatted since that "other" board LOL

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Happy New Year brother!

1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChiefsFan1st said:

@Brick said:

RALPH!! How the heck have you been? I don't believe we have chatted since that "other" board LOL

Well...I guess I'm doing fine.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Hey buddy. Been pretty busy with the store. We were local card shop of the week on Beckett.com last week or so. Hope you got to see it. It has been a huge success with the internet/social media.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

Thanx for posting guys!

Sure would like to see a few more who haven't posted in some time?

Mike
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Thanx for posting guys!

Sure would like to see a few more who haven't posted in some time?

Happy New Year!

Haven't posted much here lately, but I just wanted to drop in to say "Hey!"

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options

Alright Tom and Bob!

Thanx for dropping by and Happy New Year.

Mike
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

What about all the guys who used to post in the now long gone Open Forum? It was always kinda fun to read someone's highly technical card or coin posts and then read the same person's open forum posts about what they were drinking that night. Kinda normalized everyone...lol

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, Happy New Years

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hello and happy New Years to all!

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Always lurking but enjoy all the info presented on these boards. Happy New Year to all.

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

Hey Mike- been a long time. Old chaz43 is still here but not as active posting. Great to see your still here too!

• Options

OK!

Carlo, Kathy, Phillip, Mike - thanx for chiming in.

Chaz! I don't think I know your first name? Care to share? Glad to see you're still around - well kinda.

Happy New Year everyone!

Mike
  • Options

Hey Mike- my first name is Wolfgang. I know your thrilled to hear from me again (well kinda) as I know I am the unforgettable chaz43!!!

PSA 6 to ya! .... and Happy New Year!! chaz43

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya Mike & All

Never too far from the boards but not posting as often. Been on the road quite a bit in 2017 but hoping 2018 gives me more home time and card time.

Hoping to see a bunch if you in Cleveland this summer.

Dave
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hey All
    Happy New Year
    Wishing all the best in 2018

Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

Hey mike, you old timer :smile:

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

Thanx Mike!

Hoping to see a bunch if you in Cleveland this summer

Looking forward to seeing you more often in the new year Dave and at the national!

Mike
  • Options

@thekid8 said:
    Hey All
    Happy New Year
    Wishing all the best in 2018

Thanx for chiming in! Isn't your first name Mike?

Mike
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Is winpitcher ok?

• Options

To heck with WinPitcher...had enough battles with him over the years....LOL

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Mike,

Thanks for starting this thread. Hope all is going well. Wishing all our fellow members a very HEALTHY and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

Hi Mike, great idea for a post! Good to see some long timers post again. Here's to an awesome 2018!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hiya Mike,

Been real busy with life but I still poke my head in here from time to time. Everyone have a Safe and Happy New Year!!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I have not been around much. In November and December I scanned, edited and labeled, and posted to the Trading Card Database, about 5000 cards. Many of which were mirror foil and Finest/Chrome style, not easy work. Any time not doing that was spent sleeping (lol) or working on my own personal card website, Cardboard History. But, I finished getting my entire collection onto the Database and will be slowly working my way back onto the forums now that I have more free time.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Spent the back half of 2017 jumping back into baseball cards with both feet after being away since about 1995/96. Always reading this forum but I dont think Ive ever posted here (have been active off and on over on the US coin forum since 2013, but mostly just lurking there as well).

I've learned a LOT from you guys over time and I thank you all for the wealth of knowledge that is made available on these boards!

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

I am waiting for pandrews

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Thanx Mike!

Hoping to see a bunch if you in Cleveland this summer

Looking forward to seeing you more often in the new year Dave and at the national!

Happy New Year everyone and can't believe we have a Dave sighting - good to hear from you. Hope you can make it to Cleveland this year - not too far from you so no excuses :)

KC

• Options

Glad to see more people posting and saying hi!

I haven't heard from Steve aka winpitcher in a while. I can tell you - tho he's not as active in the hobby he still does fast pitch actively - that puts him in with players young enough to be his child - even getting close enough to be a grandchild!

Chaz - it's nice to see you back - I have a short memory and long on acceptance. So, welcome back!

Glad to hear you're OK Mike (cpa)! I figured you've been busy with work and kids. How you feeling?

Thanx for posting Doug and Mark!

Time will fly Keith - before you know it? We'll all be at BBCEx booth - trying to decide what box to break!

Hi Al - I miss Perry very much here - would be nice if pandrews found himself here - just for a bit. Remember this?

JKT - can't remember your first name - thanx for posting. Please share your first name?

Mike
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Still lurking. Working on baseball sets and Pittsburgh Pirates.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 My first name is John

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.