Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Christmas Framing Jobs

airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

I drew up the design for each display and got the items back today - all framed the same way that I had requested in my designs. Very excited!

1. Robert Frost
The autograph was taped in a first edition book I purchased many years ago and has always been one of my favorites. It was previously slabbed by PSA/DNA but I think it looks better framed without the holder.

2. Robert Ripley
The autograph is from a 1930's Waterman's Autograph album that also included autographs of Bobby Jones, Calvin Coolidge, and FDR. The clippings are from my great grandmother's attic - she used to be an avid clipper and when she passed away, we found her hoards and I kept some Ripley's clippings as I thought they were pretty cool and a lot more artistic than what you see in the paper nowadays.

3. James Hunt
Purchased from a race photographer's personal collection earlier this year, I sold off most of the collection to pay for the few that I kept. The 11x14 (unsigned) and 5x7 (signed) are both original photos and I really like how the design I drew up came to life with the final product. VERY happy with this one!

4. 1930's Canadian Clippings & World Wide Gum Cards
I purchased a large, really cool 1930's Canadian scrapbook that included 800+ pages of clippings and skinned World Wide Gum and OPC cards. I kept a few over the years with the intent to frame and this is the third and final frame job for the items I kept. This one looks as good as the others and I just wanted it framed as I love the old clippings and the color in the old cards that since skinned, are otherwise challenging to display.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas/holiday!

Comments