Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What did you get for Christmas?

Post up what you baseball card/related item you have picked up for Christmas! I'm impossible to shop for, as I only REALLY want Canseco cards I don't yet have. In spite of this, I was able to get a sweet keyboard, so that was cool (our other one shorted out.) I was able to pick up a 2014 Stadium Club Member's Only Canseco which I didn't yet have, so I'm happy about that :)

As a side note, yesterday, my dad was taken by ambulance to the hospital and he is now in the ICU receiving blood transfusions. As a recipient of a kidney transplant years ago, my dad may be facing kidney problems, so we are all very worried about that... along with the rest of his health. Please keep him in your prayers.

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he gets better fast.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope your Dad pulls through and is around for many more holidays. Card wise I received as one of my gifts 3 2016 Heritage baseball high# packs. Nothing great pulled, but enjoyed the rip.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Tanner

Sorry to hear about your dad. Sure hope everything is OK.

I posted in my holiday greetings my pickup for Christmas.

I just happened to look and there it was - so I jumped on it.

Take care Tanner - you're a good guy.

Mike
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2017 5:51PM

Hope all is well with your dad.

Wife and two daughters got me 3 Target Topps Chrome Mega boxes. Here are some of the spoils. And a '64 Topps Giants Brooksie for my HOF player set.

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Here’s hoping your dad gets better real soon. My thoughts are with you.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Tanner ... saying a prayer for your dad before going to sleep tonight.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Prayers for your Dad!!

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Prayers for your pops.

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts! His creatinine level is down to a 3 or so, but still needs to go down further. His kidney is functioning, but we are not out of the woods yet. He still is going to be getting some more blood transfusions, but is eating a solid meal this morning which, he hasn't done in a while. If you would please continue to pray, because he has a good deal of healing to go.

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cracked a few boxes with little guy last night and went old school - 87 Donruss last night and tonight is 87 Fleer. Got a few nice hits, and with him being a Bo fan he got lucky.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got Ebay gift cards. Haven't used yet, but I plan on either adding to my Cardinals Topps autograph collection or starting a 1964 Topps set. I already have a Mantle so I am probably going that route.

Praying for your dad!

Shane

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

That's some good centering for '87 Donruss.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

I already had the team signed Saint Louis FC jersey but my wife had it custom framed. She also got me the Brett Hull autographed tequila bottle

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

The vendor I use for my business literally dropped off things at my home on Christmas Eve