Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Christmas Mystery - 1992 Donruss Diamond Kings Supers

Happened to stumble across some completed sales of these on ebay and was shocked at the results -- $1,100 for Ripken, $600 for Will Clark, etc.

Anyone know the story behind why they're so short printed and why PSA stopped grading them?

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:
    Happened to stumble across some completed sales of these on ebay and was shocked at the results -- $1,100 for Ripken, $600 for Will Clark, etc.

Anyone know the story behind why they're so short printed and why PSA stopped grading them?

Arthur

I believe those sold listings you are looking at are the jumbo 5x7 they made for Kmart . I believe only 10 were produced per player

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's what the listings said but I've gotten different info as well. So far everything seems to be folk lore. I'm hoping someone can really nail down something firm.

Arthur

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

I got the Ripken back in '92 and was told at the time that they were given to execs; hadn't heard the K Mart story before...
    I did submit mine to PSA a couple years back & was also disappointed to learn that they wouldn't encapsulate it...Anyone know if SCG or Beckett will?
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.