Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 Raw Mantle about to end on ebay

There is a raw 1952 Mantle ending in 30 minutes on eBay. It’s at $2400. Guy says it belonged to his dad and he believes it is real. Looked at sellers past auctions and he has had psa cards. Thinking it’s a reprint scam. I messaged the guy yesterday to get some
Feedback from him and got no reply. I mean a psa 1 is worth $15k. So tempting......

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Go for it.

• Options

Someone got a deal if it’s real...

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen the card but can assure you with 99.9% certainty it's a reprint. Always fake when selling for someone else. Usually a story line with the provenance. All BS.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly especially since the seller had sold psa cards before and it’s in a card saver lol. Fake

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gentleman selling the card is either a crook or an idiot. More than likely , crook.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job roughing it up.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

If its real, I have some oceanfront land in California to sell.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

A step up from oceanfront property in Arizona if it is in California...I am tempted!

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

With buyer protection isn't a $4000 buy worth it. PSA express service - anything authentic or better is money in the bank. If not authentic then you get you money back. Looks like someone made at least 12K if PSA 1 - no loss if fake.

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options

@mcolney1 said:
    With buyer protection isn't a $4000 buy worth it. PSA express service - anything authentic or better is money in the bank. If not authentic then you get you money back. Looks like someone made at least 12K if PSA 1 - no loss if fake.

I was uncertain About the protection....but if that’s the case it was worth it with little risk. Wow.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

@mcolney1 said:

No

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I'm sure psa would be happy to have you throw away grading fees every time dad's raw 52 Mantle popped up on eBay.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, doesn't it cost a brand new Hyundai to grade a '52 Mantle?

Arthur

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I believe you can send in a Mantle at the Regular rate $18-20 and they will call you if it is real basically. Then you will indeed owe 800-1200.