Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any theories on the best time of year to send items to PWCC for auction?

I know that unique, high quality items will typically be found by interested buyers and bid accordingly no matter the time of year. But in general, does anyone have a best practice, such as to avoid the first auction after the holidays? Thanks!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Funny you should ask. I just consigned 10 cards for the PWCC auction #11, which ran basically the first 2 weeks of December. Here are the results, I'll let you decide if it was a "good time of year":

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Man that’s horrible sorry...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    bens4778bens4778 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

I've often wondered whether it's better to list before the holidays (people buy themselves holiday presents, but have to use money to buy gifts) or after the holidays (people have holiday money to spend, but may want to cut expenses). Evidence above for the latter, I guess.