Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1800 baseball card collection

aquired a box of 1800 baseball cards dating back to 1956.. not all in wondefull condition as the scans will show. and was not able to scan em all for obvious reasons . xd. got the box for $55. hoping I didnt do too bad.. I scanned some of them

Comments

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

am still going through the collection but found an 84 donruss joe carter rc , 85 topps kirby puckett , 1970 andy messersmith , 77 catfish hunter and a 72 thurman munsun along with the cards above, going to take a while to go through the rest

• originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭

At less than a nickel a card, if it's a decent mix of older cards earlier than '75 for at least some of them, you did fine.

edited December 20, 2017 5:45PM

the scans at the top are some of what ive found in the box so far.. . there are around 40 from the 60's and 70's and early 80's and some from the 50's.. once get my scanner back from the shop ill load some more in

• FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Nice pickup.

thanks i just wish the aaron was in better condition

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Looks like hours of fun for $55 - job well done!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store

ive only priced around 120 cards so far and have a beckett value of $95.. going to take a while to price all of them all lool.. should be interesting to see final value once all 1800 are done

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks alright to me. Worth $55 for a trip down memory lane. The Fleer Clemens looks okay.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
    edited December 21, 2017 7:05PM

thanks i just found a 1972 clemente , 76 nolan ryan , 70 cito gaston , 62 felipe alou and a 1965 rocky colavito , and 62 casel stengel . the scanner comes back in jan. shop sending it out for repairs. thank goodness for having a couple of back up scans on usb .

• MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

I only see about $40 value so far, minus fees you are down to $30, so you have some work to do

edited December 21, 2017 9:32PM

going to borrow my brothers camera and scanner to load in a few more cards from the box , taking forever to go through them all. i may send some in for grading later like the clemente and stengel.. maybe send some others too once finish cataloging the box. if wish to see more cards from the box ill be glad to load em in on my bros scanner

had to edit , forgot to load the alou in

• PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure on getting the Clemente graded, not great in the condition department. Centering on the Stengel and surface issues to, I'd keep it raw. JMO. Doug

edited December 22, 2017 10:31AM

ill take them a show in near where I live in january and let them take a look at the box. there's going to be a grader there doing a service table and let him see. if not good ill keep em raw, if he says good on some, ill send a couple in for grading.

still using my brothers scanner and camera for pics.. ill try to get some more scans in later today or this afternoon

edited December 22, 2017 12:23PM

heres a few more from the box.. i dont think ill scan anymore from this box after these as have way to many to do
    unfortunatly not all are mint, the fergie jenkins and the mookie are both signed, and the ken griffey is a 89 bowman. (im not sure why last ones came out fuzzy from my camera) still not too bad for a $55 mystery baseball card box I hope.. since am on a tight budget due to medical reasons I cant go all out when buying cards .

edited December 22, 2017 12:38PM

heres a better scan of the fuzzy ones. figured id better do them at least lool.. and thats about all I'll scan from the box