Home Precious Metals
Options

Me + 2018 Investment Contest Manager Highly Questionable

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I'll have time to do the start up. Grabbing the pricing before the market open in January is the hard part.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't that just be getting the info from Friday's close? 12/29/17
    If you restrict things to simple stock picking, it looks doable (but, you, looking at it, or Wingsrule, would know better as he has done it and you have considered it)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, I would make the deadline for submissions Wednesday afternoon and use the closing prices from Friday as the starting point. Gives you a few days then to set up the initial tracking sheet.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

and a set of rules that makes the job easier.

i.e:
    one selection only.
    has to be a listed security or ETF.
    forum member is required to notify you of any splits or reverse splits.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

and decide, since you are the one controlling it, if you want to reward the biggest loser or the biggest winner......

Whoever takes it makes the rules ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also add:
    No Q stocks (bankruptcy)
    Minimum share price $2
    Keep it simple: no options, futures or derivatives. No Zimbabwe bonds. Just plain old stocks or ETF
    Dividends ignored (too difficult to keep up with / calculate). Set it and forget it.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the xls programmed already with the formulas?

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

I totally agree, keep it simple. No options, no bonds, no futures, just NYSE and NASDAQ securities priced at $2 or higher.

It might be even more simple to limit every contestant to one single security.