Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Collector's Club Price Increases

Got the email this morning. Platinum going to $249 and Gold to $149 on Jan. 1st. Mine is coming up for renewal soon anyway so I went ahead and locked in at the old price. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Comments

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

@djr said:
    Thanks for posting! I was not aware. A good move (for PSA/CU), in my opinion.

Can someone buy 10 memberships now and bank the subs, over a year or so?

Winner of the biggest ever PSA Suck-Up Contest right here ! Congrats !! . "A good move for PSA"

Oh you are soo sophisticated and cool. Reminder.... you like cardboard.... Being a 'Winner' here doesn't necessarily roll in to the real world.

This price hike sucks. :)

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may lower the volume of cards coming in to be graded. Turn around times will improve, so less complaints there. They will make as much profit as before per the costs increase. Appears to be a win-win situation.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Membership will go down? Group bulks will go up? Same number of cards will be submitted?

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2017 3:07PM

There's a new silver membership for 2018. I think it is a good idea for collectors like me with mostly modern stuff to submit.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Hey that's interesting. I gave a survey to PSA a while back in which I suggested a membership level without free submission vouchers but with access to bulk services, monthly specials and to print version of SMR.
    Someone was either listening or great minds think alike! LOL

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2017 6:28PM

Thanks for the heads up....I decided not to renew back in August until there was a grading special worth taking advantage of...still waiting on that special but I guess I will have to wait with a new membership

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@GoDodgersFan said:

There's a new silver membership for 2018. I think it is a good idea for collectors like me with mostly modern stuff to submit.

I really like that new silver level as someone who doesn't really have anymore raw high dollar/pre '56 stuff that I would use those free vouchers for since they wouldn't fit on a modern post '56 sub.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

so basically i could pay $59 for the silver package, and use the $10 for 10 or more bulk subs?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

One hit will more than pay for the silver membership. Still have some nice Correa and Bryant RCs to submit.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin side of CU, PCGS, already offers a silver membership which enables you to submit coins without getting any vouchers, so this appears to be modeled after that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Are vouchers transferable?

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@OddRodz said:

@djr said:

Winner of the biggest ever PSA Suck-Up Contest right here ! Congrats !! . "A good move for PSA"

Oh you are soo sophisticated and cool. Reminder.... you like cardboard.... Being a 'Winner' here doesn't necessarily roll in to the real world.

This price hike sucks. :)

for real lol

• Options

@Brick said:
    It may lower the volume of cards coming in to be graded. Turn around times will improve, so less complaints there. They will make as much profit as before per the costs increase. Appears to be a win-win situation.

WIN WIN ?
    WIN FOR JOE WIN FOR PSA , LMAO

• Options

@djr said:

Yes but certificates expire so dont bank them too long lol

• Options

So now PSA just sold 1k memberships , congesting the grading process even more lol !!

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you key in your cards into the online submission form it values each of the 15 cards with a seven day estimated turn around time at $18 per card. That is $270. I don't think anyone likes to see prices rise but it is what it is. The price has been the same for the last seven years so not shocking it is getting adjusted higher.

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

For those of you that like to procrastinate like myself. Last chance to save on renewal. Happy New Year! (and how about some real bulk specials in January)

• Options

@secretstash said:

Anyone know?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@secretstash said:

Anyone know?

When they used to send them in the mail, they used to say not transferrable.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2017 6:15PM

@grote15 said:

@secretstash said:

@secretstash said:

Anyone know?

When they used to send them in the mail, they used to say not transferrable.

Ty sir.

@djr said:
    I'm now a member for 1,000+ days. I figured this might be the time it takes to get a really good special :p

I guess I can share I am a lifer also, 1201 days left now. Feels similar to Americans rushing to pay 2018 taxes in 2017. xD

*On a side note, you ever notice when you do this they send 2 or 3 smr's at once. That part is kind of annoying they don't put 2 and 2 together.