Home Sports Talk
Options

I have seemingly "bumped into" many athletes over the years.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Share your list.

Bob Lanier late night at a Waffle House outside of Detroit. Late 1970's
Ray (Boom Boom) Mancini) he was strolling the floor at Caesars. mid 1980's
Franco Harris and Lynn Swann (dinner at the Vegas Riviera steakhouse. late 1970's
Dumars, Laimbeer and Isaiah (at a Windsor "gentlemans" club.) Mid 1980's
Keri Strugg (local Olympic gold Medalist...at a trader Joes) just after the '96 olympics
Horace Grant (at a Chicago restaurant). Mid 1980's
Connie Young (world champ cyclist...sold her a chronograph in the mid 70's).
Bill Rodgers (The marathon champ let me run with him for a bit!!) Early 1980's
Al Iafrate (member of the same small gym in Detroit suburb) Early 1990's.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have worked for Joe Montana, Joe Carter, and a couple minor players. Warren G. Harding worked for me. A few Buckeyes and a former coach were members of my club. I played a casual round of golf with Don Mattingly, Ed Whitson (who played for the Yankees BTW) and a player and former coach of the Columbus Crew.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should mention my acquaintance with Ex Tiger Pat Sheridan when he was getting into harness racing.

With a .253 lifetime average...it was probably a better fit.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would now estimate Bricks' age at 137 if Warren G. Harding worked for him.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go outside. Remove some sod. Feel the dirt underneath. It's younger than I am.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Randy Breuer, Jaime Navarro and Gorman Thomas all at a restaurant I bused tables at in my late high school and early college years.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've met Wayne Gretzky, Steve Garvey, and Mark Rypien while attending Spokane Indians games.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    • Sold Magic Johnson a movie theater ticket when I worked there in high school.
    • Have bumped into several Sac Kings around Sac over the years. Bobby Jackson at our kid's basketball games (different teams but same league) and Brad Miller at the super market.
    • Oh ya, Shareef Abdur Raheim many times as kids played soccer together for a couple years. Very nice guy.
    • Golfer Pat Perez at Yardhouse in Waikiki a couple years ago - before he became a top 10 golfer.
    • Steve Sax at the bar in Folsom he used to own.
    • Golfer Scott McCarron at the driving range and 19th of the club we both used to belong to.
    • Back in the day Pooh Richardson (UCLA hoops) at an ATM in Westwood. He parked in the red zone on Wilshire Blvd. (which was actually a lane of traffic) Lol.
    • George Foreman and Terry Bradshaw on plane and at Marikash airport (filming for this season's Better Late than Never). TB and the Fonz were the nicest of the group. Shatner was a zero.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently:

Kristi Yamaguchi, Chris Mullin

Some years ago:

Joe Montana, Willie McCovey, Steve Wisnewski, Al Attles, Tony LaRussa, Tom Tolbert

Decades ago:

Ralph Sampson, Bob Thornton, Scott Brooks, Joe Barry Carroll, a Pro Wrestler whose name I do not remember

Way, way way back in the day during my youth:

Joe Barry Carroll, Michael "Sugar Ray" Richardson, John Elway, Ralph Simpson, Len Elmore, Tom Chambers, Dr. J, David Thompson.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assumed you were going to finish the title sentence with " in my car"