Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question RE: Collecting World Series Tickets

Hi everyone, I've fairly recently gotten into collecting vintage World Series full tickets. One question I have that I haven't been able to find an answer for is this:

If a ticket has a "Void" stamp on both ends of the ticket, why was that done? Is it considered a "proof" ticket"? Was it stamped upon admission to the game? Is it considered the same thing as a "hole punch". Just trying to find whatever info I can.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Brian

Welcome!

Have no idea - just wanted to welcome you.

Was the ticked "stamped" or "punched?"

Have seen a few "punched void" - I would guess they do that when taking it so the holder has a take-home souvenir?

Mike
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only thing that comes to mind is maybe the info. on the ticket had errors on it,I.E. wrong date or wrong price,date info. Misprinted. Hope this helps a bit.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, hello, how are ya? welcome. :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

FYI: The tickets that I've seen are punched void (not stamped) with the punch spelling out the word "void". Some good theories mentioned so far. Thanks for the responses.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭

are there sections and seat #'s identified on these tickets?

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

So my question is "Are they phantom tickets?" Many teams print tickets for post season events and don't qualify, or the series does not go that many games. For example, a ticket for game 5 of the Red Sox-Astros ALDS this year.

Alex Relyea

• Options

Most of the ones I've seen do have section and seat #s, so I don't think they are proofs. They are not phantom tickets either, as the games were played. I found an example of one on ebay (not sure how to link it) but if anyone wants to check it out it is a psa graded 1941 world series ticket. Their label does say "void stamp" though it is technically punched. Thanks everyone.