Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Looking for 1972 Topps PSA 9 or 10 Ken Holtzman Centered

Title says it all... I know it's a niche request, but I've had no luck elsewhere.

There's a 9 on Ebay right now that I've tried to convince myself to buy at least ten times - it's just not centered. Similar case with the one that just went off on Heritage.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

Hold off
    It will come around eventually

I have been looking for a nice 1972 Frank Baker and John Ellis IA 9/10 for a while now.
    The last few were also oc and I passed....glad I did.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    bens4778bens4778 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

I hear that about Baker... 4SC had one on their website in 9 that I tried to convince myself to buy, as well. Just couldn't pull the trigger - centering wasn't there.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

I watched that card for 1/2 year and the price dropped very slowly.
    I couldn't justify the purchase either despite wanting the card in a bad way !!!!!

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

I lucked into a nice Holtzman 9 a few years ago before I even realized it was a tough card. That kind of luck has abandoned me in the last year :(

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

The 1972 Holtzman 9 is at the top of my want list too. Agreed there’s been a few out there but the centering or lack of it kept me from biting. Greg Morris had a nice looking raw one recently, went for close to $50. Card looked sharp. Can’t find a centered Wayne Garrett 9 either

• Options

I had one ungraded years ago... I had just sent my first batch to PSA and was a little disappointed by the returns, so I sold a bunch of raw cards, including Ken Holtzman and Dave Leonhard.

The seller had them listed as 9s in two weeks.

AWESOME.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@bens4778 said:
    I had one ungraded years ago... I had just sent my first batch to PSA and was a little disappointed by the returns, so I sold a bunch of raw cards, including Ken Holtzman and Dave Leonhard.

The seller had them listed as 9s in two weeks.

AWESOME.

if you can; just curious who was the seller; feel free to pm me if you don't want to disclose

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

Sorry to say I don't remember... This was probably five years ago, but I may be off by a year or two.

If you're dying to know, I could sift through my feedback, but I have 2000+ feedback, and I'm not even sure the listing link would still be up.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

oh ok; nbd; I thought it was recently.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.