Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1994 Finest Football Refractor PSA Set

Hey guys I just wanted to share my progress on my 1994 Finest Refractor PSA Set. I am currently at 79.55% complete. I still need 45 cards to complete my set. This set is fun because these are the guys that I grew up watching and each player brings back some kind of memory. It has been a real challenge locating gradeable cards as these cards have surface and centering issues. I am always looking for high grade cards that I need and there are several cards that I have that I would like to upgrade so it is definitely a work in progress. Thanks, Andy

Comments

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Certainly more than a handful that you never find centered and some that seem to be just overall scarce. Wish there were some images of uncut sheets out there. I suspect the tough ones are the outer edges of the sheets. Many of the "SPs" you'll find sometimes only half-covered with the refractor laminate.

Great set for football collectors. A worthwhile challenge and still affordable. First ever refractors for football.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

I love that set of cards too. Refractors look great. Good luck completing it.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool project. Good luck!!!

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

This thread should be way more important than it is here. Greatness.

• Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

@OddRodz said:
    This thread should be way more important than it is here. Greatness.

Thanks man I appreciate it!!!! It certainly has been a lot of fun to put together!!!!!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I respect your tenacity. Good luck the rest of the way.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

@Rttrffg2012 said:
    I have a few 9s & 10s from this set. You have a a needs list?

PM sent

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

What a difficult and great modern set to collect. I basically gave up on collecting anything from 1980 to present a long time ago. The chase was not there for me and the products were too confusing. But oh how I remember the 1993 Topps baseball finest and the 1994 Topps Finest football really well. With packs going for $10-15, the chase and the challenge was on. I started messing around with the baseball refractors and picking up as many sets as possible because the set price at $150-200 was a true value compared to the pack price. Best of luck on getting this monster done.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

i am looking for one card to finish my 7 set of this card 116 t. brown john 1 912 660 7609

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great set. I still remember wanting to give up my left nut just for the non-refractor version of the Bledsoe from this set. Did they punt the hookie on including Marshall Faulk?

Arthur

• Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

What a fun project. I have a fetish for all 93-96 refractors in baseball, basketball, and football. Keep up the great work.

• Options

i have a complete set of graded 8s 9s and 10s also have 9 set of the refractors looking for several cards to finish my last 2 set cards #s 15 33 39(2) 67 71 76(2) 93 106 116(2) 151 171185 195 205 207 218 have plenty of singles have about 34 graded extars 167 graded 9 206 graded 8 9 10 have about 200 singles also looking to trade or sale thanks john 1912 660 7609