Home Sports Talk
Options

Yankees getting Giancarlo Stanton

BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

The contract may not look so great in a few years, but holy crap, that was the fastest 'rebuild' ever. :)

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2017 12:39PM

should be exciting watching them hit next season

dbtuntr will need to register a new alt to discuss this. :# If you are reading this , do it well in advance so it won't look suspicious .

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boone can only look bad next season.

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2017 5:28PM

Love the trade. Yanks added an MVP, gave up very little in terms of prospects, and remain well-positioned salary wise. Will be a fun lineup to watch for sure.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time will tell. The acquisition of A Rod looked great at one time

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

m

The TV shows that hired A-rod are killing it now. He may be a douche on a personal level but he is good at TV

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

For Judge and Stanton wonder what the total strikeout/Intentional walks total will be for the pair. And over/under in total HRS for the duo will be. Might make for an interesting prediction.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

Come on Mark......just because you don't like A Rod doesn't mean he wasn't great. ;)

The Yanks will be smoking next year. Judge/Stanton should top 100 HR's next year....barring injury.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the Yankees grabbing him, I wish the Sox did. The kid is a talent that you don’t see come around all that often, they want to win now and don’t care about down the road when this contract is swelling the Bank book. Spend the money and put yourself in a position to win sooner rather than later

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Come on Mark......just because you don't like A Rod doesn't mean he wasn't great. ;)

The Yanks will be smoking next year. Judge/Stanton should top 100 HR's next year....barring injury.

His contract was a noose around the Yankees neck. Try to keep up

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

His contract was a noose around the Yankees neck. Try to keep up

m

Hey, that's what you get when you offer millions a year for long term! It's stupid, but I guess that is what it takes to get the great players. ;)B)

• Options
    edited December 10, 2017 4:04PM

When the New York Yankees stop paying Alex Rodriguez when his contract is up, the team will have paid him more than $317 million, according to an analysis of Rodriguez's contract conducted by the Associated Press.

And that doesn't include the more than $132 million in luxury tax penalties the team has paid through this season.

They paid him over 20 million in 2017

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    When the New York Yankees stop paying Alex Rodriguez when his contract is up, the team will have paid him more than $317 million, according to an analysis of Rodriguez's contract conducted by the Associated Press.

And that doesn't include the more than $132 million in luxury tax penalties the team has paid through this season.

mark

And you know who ends up paying for that. People who go to games ;) (not me) :)

• Options
    edited December 10, 2017 8:18PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

True but for Yankee Fans it set back the organization quite a few years as the slashed payroll with Jr in control.

mark

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

It'll show up as a surcharge on your cable bill.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

It'll show up as a surcharge on your cable bill.

Not really....... I would get cable weather or not they show Baseball. Don't try that one.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this mean Hal Steinbrenner will have to scale back on his purchases of vintage unopened product?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Yankees and their fans owe a huge thank you note to Derek Jeter because the Yankees straight up stole an MVP who just hit 59 homers. This was a bigger gift than Kevin McHale sending Kevin Garnett to the Celtics in 2008.
    Should i copyright the nickname "Thunder Buddies" now for Judge & Stanton?

• Options

@erikthredd said:

no just register it here as an alt , then use it to inflame certain posters

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Where those certain posters are probably fellow Red Sox fans that doesn't sound like a good idea. NY will definitely earn their "Bronx Bombers" nickname next year.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Where those certain posters are probably fellow Red Sox fans that doesn't sound like a good idea. NY will definitely earn their "Bronx Bombers" nickname next year.

dangerous business it is , I hear they have the webmaster on speed dial :D