Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Adding a set to the Registry

CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 8, 2017 1:56PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I've been collecting US coins for a long time but I am new to this forum so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

I learned a long time ago that I like collecting Morgan Dollars and I have a complete 97 coin set of basic PCGS slabbed Morgan Dollars circulation strikes (1878-1921). I'm considering entering them into the registry but I'm not sure what the value is of doing that, other than bragging rights. Average grade of my 97 coin set would come out to ~60. If it's just bragging rights then that's fine, folks should be proud of what they have acquired. I guess it's good for documentation of what you have but I already have spreadsheets and pictures of everything.

Any other good reasons for registering a set?

Comments

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Set registry app for logging in my us coins it will add a value to the coin if it is a PCGS graded coin. It is a good way to look up to see what you have and when out at shows it helps you to not buy duplicate years. The Set creation side of it I have not used yet, but I do feel the app is fantastic tool. All your info on the app easy to research and at your figure tips.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2017 9:47AM

Welcome to the boards. The Registry is a showcase for your coins so others can see and view what you have collected. I love the Registry and so do many others, but the end decision is what do you want. :)

• knightemknightem Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

If you use the template on the PCGS site and put in your data, you can upload your inventory to your PCGS account. Once there, you can then see the PCGS price guide listed and pop for each coin, which gets adjusted by them. So you get that info already populated for you and you don't have to look it up. Once the coins are in inventory, you can then attribute them to their proper sets, if you wish; either posted for the public to see or not. But if you simply want the inventory for the prices and pops, you don't need to have registry sets. If you do decide to have the registry sets, you would also have the whole price for the complete set. Hope this is clearer than mud! :)