Home Sports Talk
Options

Ball brothers

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dad wants them all to play for the Lakers. Maybe Dad can be the coach then. I did like Kareem Abdul Jabars comments about the players.

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Coach Alford sighed a big relief yesterday when the Ball family left the UCLA program. Seriously, the little kid is supposed to be good but even still it's not worth the drama. The middle brother, Gelo, allegedly has little to no game so I don't see him doing much overseas. The youngest kid is a little baby it appears. Going to get knocked silly by grown men who are battling for their PAYCHECK. Will make some good Sportscenter highlights.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually don't like it when someone takes their ball and goes home, but in this case I'm loving it.

P.S. the dad seems like he might be insane.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the one who is in the NBA maybe the worst shooter I've ever seen in my life. 33.2% from the field. 25% from 3 point land and less then 50% from the charity stripe

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Right now Ball is a poor man's Ricky Rubio. He has the worst looking shot in the NBA since Shawn Marion (though Joakim Noah is a close second).

That said I think Ball's shooting can improve and he has elite court vision and the height to rebound at an elite level for a guard. He will play in the NBA for a long time baring injury, think Rondo, Rubio, etc. There is a place for point guards with elite vision and no shot.

Robb

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Well the one who is in the NBA maybe the worst shooter I've ever seen in my life. 33.2% from the field. 25% from 3 point land and less then 50% from the charity stripe

m

Of those numbers (all bad) the free throw line is no excuse. Why hasn't daddy Ball been practicing free throws. As Magic Johnson once said, "there's no excuse for missing them because nobody's guarding you."

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give the centers half of a pass. Any other position has no excuse..