Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay Payment Question

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so I'm clear...if a seller has multiple buy-it-now auctions which all require immediate payment, there is no way to obtain an invoice reflecting combined shipping. Right? Putting items in the cart doesn't work, as requesting an invoice requires committing to the items without payment, which is not allowed.

Comments

  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think this is correct, unless the seller has set up a combined shipping policy. Then it usually works OK from the cart.

  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017 9:51AM

    You can actually do this, although I am not sure what isn't allowed about your example.

    If a seller has combined shipping setup it will automate.

    If a seller has no predefined options, you can place items in cart and then say Request Total From Seller in the checkout area. Only way it doesn't work is if shipping is free.

  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

    When immediate payment is required in the auctions, your request for a new total from the seller is denied.

  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017 10:04AM

    @PaulMaul said:
    When immediate payment is required in the auctions, your request for a new total from the seller is denied.

    Yep, I've seen that a lot the past several months. I've just been contacting the seller with the listings I'm interested in and requesting they set it up as a single listing. Some are willing and get the sale, others aren't and don't.

    ETA: Some have responded with, do the purchase and I'll refund the shipping overage as well. I haven't had any issues with that option either and figure I'm covered as long as I have them stating it in eBay messaging.

  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

    I didnt know you could do "immediate payment" for auctions, always thought it was BIN's

    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭

    @PaulMaul said:
    When immediate payment is required in the auctions, your request for a new total from the seller is denied.

    sheesh... horrible new "feature" if so.

    Most sellers probably didnt enable this on purpose because I doubt they want to ship separately nor have people who will dangle that over them shall they combine on their own with no discount. Ebay is so goofy sometimes...

  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I am talking about buy it nows.

    Another new annoying feature is this "3-day guarantee" thing...which in addition to being ridiculous, forces the seller to require immediate payment.

  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @djr said:
    If you put items into the shopping cart, you might be able to checkout at once (with combined shipping)?

    Nope, you get a "Seller does not offer combined shipping" message that should read "Seller has not set up combined shipping business policies"

  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ....or you get a "combined shipping is not available for items where immediate payment is required."

  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

    Simply send the seller a question with your concern and I'm quite sure they will do whatever you expect them to do about making the shipping charge correct.

  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017 2:15PM

    @KbKards said:

    Simply send the seller a question with your concern and I'm quite sure they will do whatever you expect them to do about making the shipping charge correct.

    If the items were of great importance to me I probably would. If I happen to see five of six cards I need for sets and feel like purchasing them on a whim, and then find I need to contact the seller, make sure I get a refund after putting up $20 for shipping, etc., it's more trouble than it's worth. In short, sellers are costing themselves sales by not having a buyer-friendly setup.

Sign In or Register to comment.