1966 Topps Rogers Maris (You Grade)

MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
edited December 7, 2017 4:52AM in Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Your thoughts on potential grade/would you sub it/value if sold raw. The back shows a bit of tanning (is that wax?) in one part not sure how that would impact, particularly in the "Roger cracked 61" blurb corner. What price you would consider this to be "a good buy". Thanks for your input.

Collector Interest: Clemente & Mantle

Comments

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

While I probably won't be able to help you, if you have a scan, others would have a better chance to give a good idea.

Thanks,

Don

myurl<
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

5 with a wrinkle, 6 with a back wrinkle, 8.5 if no wrinkles.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,007 ✭✭

Ok, don't think there's any wrinkles. BTW, the "gluish" residue on the and trying to catch his 61 ball is on sheet, not card. Thoughts on the browning in the one corner? Does PSA accept this type of tanning/imbeddded wax stains on higher grade stuff?

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭

8 or 8.5

nice card back looks ok

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭

Gem mint 10. Nice price would be about 2,500.00 raw.
    Jk but it does look super sharp and raw. Full book would'nt be a bad buy in that condition.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

If the browning is just normal discoloration from age it shouldn't affect the grade. If it is a wax stain it may get graded with a ST qualifier.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

8 staining/toning won't effect grade. No idea on $

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

7.5, yes based upon cartoon corner on back

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭

The top and bottom border seem to have a slight slant and the registration is a little off on the front of the card. As others have mentioned there is some discoloration on the back. Overall the card looks nice, but I'm thinking a PSA 8 for a grade.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Nolan Ryan Master Set ---- Nolan Ryan Topps Master Set
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,007 ✭✭

THANK YOU EVERYONE VERY HELPFUL I THINK I HAVE TO GRADE THIS ONE FOR SURE