Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Topps signed Win Remmerswaal PSA/DNA

My buddy just got this card and was wondering what it might be worth. If anyone has a range that would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2017 5:31PM

@VitoCo1972 said:
    600-1000 somewhere in there

Michael, is that 600-1000 cents or 600-1000 dollars?!?! :p

• Options

I was thinking $1000 on the high end.

• Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

We got a grand for one about 2-3 years ago.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options

Thanks guys

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pardon my ignorance, but is this a situation something like Garvey not signing his 1982 Fleer card?

• Options

He was out of baseball right after 81 and then he moved back to Netherlands where I think he had a stroke shortly after.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017 4:46PM

...asks advice for his buddy

....buddy lists card for more than double our advice

Glws

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

About 20 years ago, I picked up team signed sheets of both the Pawtucket Red Sox and the Rochester Red Wings who took part in that infamous 33 inning game back in 1981.....Thought I'd share an image of the Pawtucket sheet...Remmerswaal pitched 4.1 innings in that game and his autograph is on the upper left hand side of the sheet

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

I would love to have the 81 but I started selling my ip autographs.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Nice item, Boggs was 5-12!!! Ripken 2–13!! > @Ironmanfan said:

About 20 years ago, I picked up team signed sheets of both the Pawtucket Red Sox and the Rochester Red Wings who took part in that infamous 33 inning game back in 1981.....Thought I'd share an image of the Pawtucket sheet...Remmerswaal pitched 4.1 innings in that game and his autograph is on the upper left hand side of the sheet

IMF

• Options

@RipublicaninMass said:

Glws

And at the time of the OP, there was one listed at auction for $49.99, and that one sold for that price w/ one bid.

https://ebay.com/itm/Win-Remmerswaal-SIGNED-1981-Topps-38-TOUGH-CARD/272962957488?hash=item3f8ddc30b0:g:jhIAAOSwc2FaIOm~

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Ah, the craziness that is autograph collecting. I am guessing that there would be very little interest outside of a 1981 Topps or a die hard Red Sox autograph collector, aside from maybe some folks who just want to own things that others perceive to be rare and seem to have no other connection to an item.

I collect signed cards of all types for a variety of reasons (stars, special cards, great action shots, all rookie team cards, etc) but focus primarily on Dodgers and Mariners from 1977 to about 1987. The Mariners Rookie card from the same set falls into this crazy category as well. Rick Anderson had not much of a career to speak of and died young, so this card sells for big bucks when offered and the right people see it. I could see someone having one, not knowing what they have and selling it for pennies on the dollar though. I would like one for the Mariner run, but would never consider anything remotely near the prices I have seen at least one sell for ($1K+). Byron McLaughlin is another exceedingly expensive Mariner auto that shouldn't be otherwise.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

Glws

And at the time of the OP, there was one listed at auction for $49.99, and that one sold for that price w/ one bid.

https://ebay.com/itm/Win-Remmerswaal-SIGNED-1981-Topps-38-TOUGH-CARD/272962957488?hash=item3f8ddc30b0:g:jhIAAOSwc2FaIOm~

I had been watching that, but I wasn't very confident in the signature. If it was kegit, it was a nice pickup. The Psa holder will bring out the big buyers for that card, as he is a know rarity

• Options

@RipublicaninMass said:

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

Glws

I had been watching that, but I wasn't very confident in the signature. If it was kegit, it was a nice pickup. The Psa holder will bring out the big buyers for that card, as he is a know rarity

I did notice that that one, which was raw/unauthenticated, did not quite match up with the one in the blue flip holder. Wasn't sure that it wasn't legit, but who knows?

• Options

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

Glws

I did notice that that one, which was raw/unauthenticated, did not quite match up with the one in the blue flip holder. Wasn't sure that it wasn't legit, but who knows?

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

Glws

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

@miwlvrn said:

@RipublicaninMass said:

Glws

Well they WERE both in blue sharpie! It's such a "scrawl" I need psa to decide for me

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

just a update that I saw this card is now in the current REA Auction...

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=50885

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.