Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why is no one bidding on this '59 Fleer Stooges set?

can anyone provide feedback on why no one is bidding on this 1959 3 stooges complete set?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-FLEER-3-STOOGES-COMPLETE-SET/253269813257?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

whats the deal with this seller?

PS- ya the '83 Wrasslin series A was sniped last second for...800, 850, 900...--> $1,800+...WOW!

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2017 7:36PM

I am not sure what the break up value is for that set but with a Curly in a PSA 3 that is probably $150 card at best and it might be priced too high to get a bid.

The Wrasslin set surprised me with that explosive finish. It has been a while since one was listed and two bidders sniped and bam a big selling price.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

To the OP- Is it your set?

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis07 said:
    To the OP- Is it your set

I was thinking the same thing

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

@dennis07 said:
    To the OP- Is it your set?

I hope that's not the case, but you're probably right.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Cloudy scans aren't helping the cause either

• Options

thanks for all the feedback guys....Not my set, but have been looking at the '59 fleer stooges set for a bit now...just getting back into collecting after many years away from it, and based on some of the scam alerts on the board, I get a little suspicious when I dont see any activity on a listing...as a born again newb was just wondering if I was missing some major red flags that were turning people off...

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:
    I am not sure what the break up value is for that set but with a Curly in a PSA 3 that is probably $150 card at best and it might be priced too high to get a bid.

The Wasslin set surprised me with that explosive finish. It has been a while since one was listed and two bidders sniped and bam a big selling price.

I was in there for a bit...but that last bid dropped a "G" on top of the conversation, lol

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I know the 59 stooges set very well as I have a graded set in mostly psa 8 with the exception of a few tougher cards (Curly, Moe and a couple tougher low pop commons; all of those are 7's--I do not have any of the checklists :o). Also have probably half of a second graded set. I have no idea what the vcp is for Curly in a 3 as I have honestly never looked at any of the cards in this set in anything less than a 6 but judging by the inferior pics and high starting bid for a raw set with a Curly 3 i'm guessing those two reasons alone are why this doesn't have any bids.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2017 6:57PM

It's just priced high for the condition. No scam.

I would advise against trying to collect this set in high grade anyway unless you are very very rich lol

Check out the PSA set registry, ONE guy has almost 40 complete high grade sets.

I've spoken with him a few times and he is the biggest Stooges fan alive!

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2017 12:05AM

@addicted2ebay said:

I would advise against trying to collect this set in high grade anyway unless you are very very rich lol

That's Richard Cohen--great guy!! Have spent time with him at a few nationals--last summer my buddy who is also a fellow stooges collector and I spent about an hour talking stooges with him--he knows some of the children and grand children of all three stooges--it was quite an entertaining conversation--nyuk nyuk nyuk :p:p:p

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@mikelowell25 said:

@addicted2ebay said:

That's Richard Cohen--great guy!! Have spent time with him at a few nationals--last summer my buddy who is also a fellow stooges collector and I spent about an hour talking stooges with him--he knows some of the children and grand children of all three stooges--it was quite an entertaining conversation--nyuk nyuk nyuk :p:p:p

I heard nobody has been successful at poking him in the eyes.