Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another buyer to block: cardsnguitars

Buyer purchased a PSA graded card from me with perfect holder. Upon receiving the card, sent me a picture of holder with significant crack. I package such that you can run over the card with a monster truck and not damage it (wrap card in bubble wrap multiple times, then ship in bubble mailer). I issued immediate refund and buyer left glowing feedback about seller taking care of problem. Quick search of his feedback left for others shows at least 6 other "sellers taking care of problems" in the last 6 months alone.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017 10:01PM

That's sick. So he is getting a full refund and keeping the card? Why not just offer a refund upon return? He is probably sending it to psa for reholder and keeping a valued card and getting money back.

What was cost of this card and I'm curious to know how he convinced you to let him keep it unless you are the one who offered?

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Fortunately, it was a low dollar ($20) card. I was very frustrated upon receipt of his message so I gave him an immediate refund. To pay for shipping back and re-holdering would not be worth it in this case, so I didn't even bother. Again, I have no proof that the buyer did anything wrong, I just find it coincidental that the only time I ever had a PSA holder crack in transit happened with a buyer that averages 1 issue a month :-).

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

He gets a free card out of the deal. No wonder he keeps pulling the same trick.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

Buyer purchased a PSA graded card from me with perfect holder. Upon receiving the card, sent me a picture of holder with significant crack. I package such that you can run over the card with a monster truck and not damage it (wrap card in bubble wrap multiple times, then ship in bubble mailer).

The crack could be legit.

Several years ago, I received a graded card from PSA whose case had a long crack. It was in the middle of a standard box that PSA ships in with other cards. None of the others were damaged.

Of course, PSA replaced it at no cost.

Kevin Thomas
  • Options

@kwtoz said:

Buyer purchased a PSA graded card from me with perfect holder. Upon receiving the card, sent me a picture of holder with significant crack. I package such that you can run over the card with a monster truck and not damage it (wrap card in bubble wrap multiple times, then ship in bubble mailer).

The crack could be legit.

Several years ago, I received a graded card from PSA whose case had a long crack. It was in the middle of a standard box that PSA ships in with other cards. None of the others were damaged.

Of course, PSA replaced it at no cost.

Speaking of which, it blows my mind that PSA as well as eBay sellers will package 15-20 cards in a cardboard box that fits the holders perfectly and offers no protection between the slab and the outside world but 1/8 inch of cardboard and ship that way. The fact that more holders don't get damaged this way speaks highly to the USPS care in delivery.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

In these types of cases, I always request the buyer to send the item back for a full refund and I'll pay shipping. The only time I had an issue was when a buyer purchased around 10-15 ungraded rookies cards for around $15. He let me know that during shipping many of the cards got damaged including one getting ripped in half and he wanted a partial refund. For the life of me, I couldn't imagine how one could get ripped in half due to how I packaged it. So, I asked for him to send them back for a full refund. When I opened his package, all of the cards were just fine. I even counted them to make sure I got them all back. Basically, he purchased them knowing he was going to ask for a "discount" once he received them. Strange way to do business.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was well packaged. tight bubble wrap in a bubble wrap envelope. Cheap mid grade 54 for my set. I did not send it back figuring the seller did it right. If it was a high dollar card I would have but in this case I simply left 5 stars and a positive feedback but mentioning the USPS deserved no stars.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Ralph, thanks for sharing. What did the package look like when it arrived? Was it clearly abused?

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

The package looked fine. I went back to the listing to see if the holder was broken in the scan and I simply missed it. It looked fine.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I always say return for full refund, I don't do partials under any circumstances. Full refund or enjoy the card as is.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had very few problems, but anyone requesting a refund MUST return the card at their cost.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I have had very few problems, but anyone requesting a refund MUST return the card at their cost.

If they file a claim with eBay, they will not have to pay return shipping. eBay will email the buyer a mailing slip.
    James

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:

@JoeBanzai said:

If they file a claim with eBay, they will not have to pay return shipping. eBay will email the buyer a mailing slip.
    James

You can actually just print up the ebay return mail slip as soon as the return case is opened then drop in any mailbox. i just returned a damaged card to probstein a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis07 said:
    He gets a free card out of the deal. No wonder he keeps pulling the same trick.

Exactly. He will keep doing it, too, as long as he keeps benefitting from it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2017 7:01PM

@jfkheat said:

@JoeBanzai said:

James

@erikthredd said:

@jfkheat said:

@JoeBanzai said:

James

You can actually just print up the ebay return mail slip as soon as the return case is opened then drop in any mailbox. i just returned a damaged card to probstein a couple weeks ago.

To be fair. It works so smoothly with just click and print tracking because they offer refunds. If a seller specifically
    doesn't you can go through a day or two of hoops sometimes because eBay makes you attempt to work it out first, BUT in the end eBay always sides with a buyer so if it takes two weeks to get a refund don't worry because it's guaranteed... Just thought I would share it isnt always as easy as described but the good news is you can always return in the end for a refund.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

why is that name familiar? do they sell a particular niche of cards?
    ...also i don't see why the seller would require the card back, why give him a free card?

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image