Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

MLB Authenticated Game Used Bats...additional details on use

danno561danno561 Posts: 5
edited November 29, 2017 2:40PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I own a carlos correa game used bat from his rookie year. The bat is authenticated by mlb, which is awesome, but as is standard for mlb, the use is specific to a given at bat (usually when it is cracked). The correa bat was cracked during the fourth inning on august 20, 2015. I was able to photo match the bat to its use in the prior game where correa hit his 15th homerun, as well as his first walk off hit.

I spoke with psa dna to see if this could be reflected in the game used letter which would surely increase value but this level of service is not available. Do you feel that the market has an interest in this detail?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I do. More detail the better.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

why wouldn't they?.....heck yeah,,,,there are ex after ex where HR bats get a premium to non-HR bats...in general....id like to hear an argument where the market isn't interested in a bat being used for a HR of an all-star player...vs a bat in general....discuss....

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

sweet...is that the major one i see referenced in memorabilia auctions?

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

@seebelow said:

sweet...is that the major one i see referenced in memorabilia auctions?

No idea. I just remember an article about them.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

@drc said:
    If you have the photomatch, what's the point of getting an additional LOA? Do you collect LOAs? Any veteran game used collector is going to care about a definitive photomatch, not the additional LOA.

I swear that some people would pay for a PSA LOA stating that grass is green and water is wet. Not that PSA is complaining.

You're right.....some people would pay and that is in fact, the justification for getting it done if you plan to sell it. Sorry but the market is not comprised exclusively of veteran game used collectors.