Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Quick question on how authenticating autographs work, PSA vs Beckett pricing

So I am in a dilemma here. I have a Frank Sinatra auto that needs to be authenticated. Here's the problem, a local sports store near me is bringing Steve Grad in to authenticate some items and are accepting submissions in person. I much prefer this because everything is done in person, no shipping and what not. However, they insist on charging PER signature on whatever is being signed. The item I have has Frank Sinatra but several other signatures that I don't need authenticated..... But according to them they must charge for each. Is this right?? If I sent this to PSA would they only charge for the Frank Sinatra or would they do the same? It would be $112 to authenticate Frank Sinatra in store. Thoughts on this matter?

Comments

• Spartcom5Spartcom5 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Anyone please? I really need to know if i do have to pay per signature

• I believe that Psa dna will charge for multiple signatures only when the other names are known to be collectible. I believe that you will get up to 50 signatures on a single item for the same price ($150) as a single sinatra auto.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2017 6:15AM

They will authenticate everything on the item.
    But, like Danno said, the pricing structure for multi-signed items is based off the 'key signature'. So, for Sinatra, which is $150 himself, they will actually do the whole item for the same price.
    See the table here; https://www.psacard.com/Fees/Autographs/

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page